Denime

I gave my Denimes their first wash yesterday, a 40 degrees wash with detergent and minimal spin for 1,5 hours, to get rid of the shrinkage. Can't say I'm too happy with how it looks at the moment. Hopefully a second wash and some wear will get rid of the last shrinkage and make the denim settle.

I also decided to wash my Denime 66's that's been laying on my shelf for far too long, about a year I think, to see the difference in fabrics and finally try out how well a 66-cut fits me. Definitely more flattering than the 1937, haha. 

10th anniversary 1937:

16437664846_dc9608e5c8_z.jpg

'66 from McCoys era:

15841141114_084dbeb105_z.jpg

Love the way those 66 fit, and seeing that makes me think the cut would work for me. Do the measurements from the mccoy era and era before (name evades me at the moment) differ, or basically same cut new owners? 

Sorry, don't follow the thread as much as I should apparently 

I was having the same doubts before I got these. Both of us are quite slim dudes after all.

Tokyo eh, I'm jealous. When are you going?

Yeah and it's all the fuller cut jeans that I love

Me and the wife are heading to Hong Kong in July and then on to Tokyo a few days after , can't wait I've even got my Yen ready and waiting :) ( couldn't pass on the good exchange rate )

Edited by Flash

Flash: How nice! Looking forward to hearing of your full cut try-outs later this summer then. And yeah, that weak yen sure is a devil in disguise. Would never have gotten this pair if it wasn't for that.  :) 

Bradl: Thanks mate! I don't have a clue how it matches with the measurements from Orrizzonti and Shins but I can take measurements if you want me too.

B_F: Thanks mate, will take some time getting used to a cut this loose. Haha yeah it's stiff and the picture is taking after an hour of wear or so. You should have seen how I looked when I first put them on, bloody rediculous!

^looks great. As an owner of the new denime I honestly love them and don't see much, if any, real difference in the denim on these against my 1951's.

Looking forward to mine landing soon, hopefully sized up enough so I can wash away to my hearts content :)

Finally got time on my hand to shoot a couple of pics and take measurements of my '66s for Bradl.

I decided to give both the '66s and the '37s another wash to make sure I got rid off as much shrinkage as possible. Will post fit pics (again) as soon as I can.

Anyway, measurements for '66s in size 31 after two machine washes BiG-style:
Waist: 40,5 cm
Front rise: 28 cm
Back rise: 35 cm
Thigh: 26,5 cm

Inseam: 87 cm
Hem: 19,5 cm

And a couple of pics to lighten things up: 

15929159963_34040fdce4_z.jpg16361668538_d1a71ea48f_z.jpg

16547657621_d3ec045294_z.jpg

16547657231_f20c00e6bd_z.jpg

16361875370_0c4386e09b_z.jpg