Denime

^thanks pomata. don't have an XX-type at home. should have browsed the net more. but still a nice detail IMO.

can someone enlighten me: did the old XX-type also shrink TO tag size? I know the 66XX shrank FROM tag size.

I think that's also a change the new owner did. and that the inseam is 38"

had SDA bust sold them last week to swiss-jeansfreak. FC are still on my list but not in the near future

thx Spencer!

and I'm outta rep for your jacket :D

So I put the jeans on this morning after they have dried. Shrinkage was minimal and there's still a lot left, I'm sure. They were fucking rigid, really cardboard like.

But I will wear them today and post some fit pics at the end of the day and again some denim comparison.

Measurements (pre / post)

waist: 35,5 / 35

front rise: 12,5 / 12

back rise: 16,25 / 15,75

thigh: 13,5 / 12,875

knee: 9,875 / 9,5

leg opening: <9 / 8,75

inseam: 38 / 37

So this morning when they were dry, they were still able to stand on their own. They were very stiff.

P1030703.jpg

A lot of stains after the soak. Mixture of starch and mainly salt.

P1030706.jpg

P1030704.jpg

The patch. Oiled before and after the soak. Darkened a little. I still think it's different to my old Denime

P1030705.jpg

And now again to the part you all want to know. Denim comparison

P1030707.jpg

P1030708.jpg

Now the denim looks more similar. But there is still one point which might be different. We all know those thicker warp threads that give the denim more texture, little slubs and is prominent to provide vertical falling.

On my 66XX I didn't found it but this denim has it. Small and subtle but it is there.

P1030709.jpg

As I only have one old Denime I can't tell if those thicker threads were totally absent on the older denim. But you could take this difference as a proof that the denim has changed. If you want to.

For myself, I like those irregularities and for now I don't see any inferiority in this denim. But the truth is 2 years away in the future when you see the fading capabilities this denim really has.

But all you guys with old Denime denim, you could tell me if your old Denime has such slubs.

the one wo asks shall receive.

I don't know that much about the. The name is XX-type 1951. They were from the A/W 2007 collection and a limited run. It uses a 15oz denim and the fit is a bit tweaked from the classic XX-type. A bit more room in the ass and a little stronger taper below the knee.

It has a leather patch with black printed letters

P1030711.jpg

The red tab is there, of course.

P1030712.jpg

Also an offset beltloop but not diagonally but totally "misplaced"

P1030713.jpg

The biggest difference after fit and denim is the stitching color. XX-tpye features orange/brown stitching, the 1951 uses orange/brown, lemon and also white thread. See above

Hardware is normal as far as I've seen

P1030715.jpg

Same selvage color, inner thread of the chainstitch is also white

P1030716.jpg

The guys on MN did a little contest with this pair 4 years ago. As it seems, the denim fades sloooow

Seeing new excitement in this thread made me feel like posting up some (poorly-taken) pictures of my Denime XX type. Cross-posted from evo thread.

My humble contribution.

Denime XX type. 3 washes, worn for approximately a year of active wear.

First the patch. Few applications of Obenauf's.

9fbceb6a.jpg

Probably the most accurate colour that I could get with my iPhone and in my poorly lit room

3ce93a9a.jpg

Combs

e0a97789.jpg

Front (looks too over-exposed)

236ae9ae.jpg

& back

a6b1cdaf.jpg

My jeans seem to get this green tinge, even with my Eternals (check evo thread for more poor pictures...:D). Maybe it's cos I don't wash them much?

^nice that you own a pair! :)

I wish I'd own a deadstock raw Deniem XX from Shins to make a better comparison. There are moments when I put on the new XX-type and think: "No...I don't think my 66XX felt like this and looked like this"

We all know that denim changes from season to season as cotton is also different every year. For me it's hard to make a 100% right answer to the question if this is the good old Denime denim.

But let me at least say that this denim doesn't feel cheap or thin or bad.

Sometimes it feels a bit rougher and stiffer as the old one. For me, liking Samurai very much, that isn't bad at all

^nice that you own a pair! :)

I wish I'd own a deadstock raw Deniem XX from Shins to make a better comparison. There are moments when I put on the new XX-type and think: "No...I don't think my 66XX felt like this and looked like this"

We all know that denim changes from season to season as cotton is also different every year. For me it's hard to make a 100% right answer to the question if this is the good old Denime denim.

But let me at least say that this denim doesn't feel cheap or thin or bad.

Sometimes it feels a bit rougher and stiffer as the old one. For me, liking Samurai very much, that isn't bad at all

Hey b_f, you know what's nicer than owning a pair? Owning a pair that I got for 30% off retail! :P

Good to hear that the denim, while not exactly the same, has not spiralled to unselvagable (:cool:) depths... It actually sounds and looks, from your previous posts, quite alright. But I am slightly confused; isn't the denim on your 66XX the same as the XX?

I do hope that the new owners of Denime (Wego? RMC?) will not ruin the heritage of Denime, although without the founder around, I am not too optimistic that the spirit of the brand will be kept for long...

The denim on the 66XX is the same as on the XX.

So it should be also the same on my new XX-type but that I'm not 100% sure.

Here are some more pics after..well 2 days of wearing I guess.

P1030721.jpg

P1030723.jpg

P1030725.jpg

and I had to do this, the action shot ;)

P1030722.jpg

yes, they are still quite long but I'm not a hem-fan and will cuff every now and then...who knows

^LoL... action ass shot! you know T, i try my best not to rep you on Sams thread but apparently i still have to spread... told you before that your review was poison, seriously my hand get itchy everytime i see the WWII type aarrgghh... refuse to do it, Sams contest is next month!

oh second pic is the winner ;)

at least my booty looks better in those jeans than in other (IMO) :D

From what I can tell and think, the sizing on the newer Deime XX is different. They are bigger compared to the same size of the old ones. Shrink TO tagged size. I could have make a 33 work on my frame (as for now..who knows after multiple washes) and the inseam is longer (starting at 38" on a high rise jeans gives you a lot).

he has a lot of old Deniem in your size. maybe even a "true" 66XX or XX

I don't think those WWII are similar to my XX-type. Naoki stopped carrying Denime since the new owner took over so they should be from Shins.

(but I still hope my XX has the same denim :P)

When looking at PSA, Naoki has so much different Deniems and they all are so similar...it's really confusing. And his descriptions aren't the best ;)