Bobbo

GBG001 contest - Indigo Veins x Göteborg Manufaktur x Denimbase

^^ mad roping, so soon too... look forward to seeing where this goes...

Took the advantage of me being in the North to go to one of the bigger cities some people outside of Germany might now...Bremen

Northern Germany's version of sustainable energy : biogas and windmills 

WB6fFAW.jpg

The mascots of Bremen

N7cbJ8I.jpg

When here, drinking the local beer (it's really not so good but I was raised with it ;) )

x4Pqpfa.jpg

Went to a store called Four Aces, they have some nice brands

QUJrL6m.jpg

And left with 2 t-shirts 

vbO9pec.jpg

^^ Thanks_M8  Beautiful scenery, great hike   ^ b_F It’s cool seeing cities many of us are unfamiliar with in countries we’ve never visited   2 great posts, guys!

You seem to have way more leg twist than I do. I hoped for something along the lines  of yours :D

Edited by Thanks_M8

Have you washed them in the machine already? With more shrinkage you will usually also get more leg twist

Yeah, first thing I did. And already twice at 40 degrees with the full spin cycle. Maybe I'll try 60 or 90 degrees the next time, depending on how filthy they'll be.

Mhh...I don't think it will do much more then. 60 °C is totally fine, personally I wouldn't "boil" the jeans. 

Hi guys! I've been absent for a couple of weeks because of hospital visits. I have some problems with one of my eyes which the doctors can't seem to solve :/ 

The jeans are amazing but I have nowhere near the roping as @beautiful_FrEaK;) I will wash them in a couple of days and will try to update with more pictures! 

Best of luck diagnosing and treating, tigerstrom! 

some update from the garden....

48705038853_390c236b7e_o.jpg 

Hope you'll be OK @tigerstrom ........

Thanks guys! :) I have an appointment at the doctors again this week and I hope they have some positive news! 

I have to say, I am very happy with the jeans. I was a little skeptical before I bought them. I didn't feel good from the first chart published by Bobbo, especially the narrow hem and rise seemed to me too low. I was also worried that denim would be too much japanese fast fader. So, I was waiting for to have them in the hands and on my legs to decide, if I'll join contest, or no. But now I see that everything is different. Fit is absolutely comfortable and denim looks really like vintage durable denim :rolleyes:

Just want to follow up our discussion with @beautiful_FrEaK about similarities with LVC. I was never wore sixties cut, even I own one pair of 1966 LVC 8 years still with tags. Yeah, they are in the queue for to be brake in. Still not.... but I tried them yesterday (as also the other years cut of LVC) and fit is quite similar and fit pics from LVC thread seems to me also close. But maybe I could be completely out ..... Any opinion ?

Edited by vIGGiou riou

Gave my pair another wash this weekend, the third one in total. And the crinklefest continues! May even need to iron the fly.. :P

As other already noted, they don't fade very fast. Basically no visible fading, except on the center back belt loop and the fly.. fWWyiXf.jpgXNHVWSl.jpg1uZu39i.jpgnur9QUL.jpg

I really need to wash my pair again, I love the crinkles :D

I’m thinking of waiting until about the 3 month mark to wash which is a long time for me. We’ll see if I can hold out. :huh:

Broark, didn't you wash/soak them when you got them ?

Yes, I always give my unsanforized denim an initial hot wash. I just mean holding off on washing for awhile after that. 

My pair will wait for the first water... still dry...

Maharu, I like your experiment to wash them as much as possible. Never tried. I am curious for to see the result after one year. Maybe beautiful light blue. Think, that could be my next project....

what temperature for to wash ?

Holy hell @maharu , haha! I knew it would get very crinkly and provide excellent fades but that's way more than I've seen on the textile samples. I'm even more pumped about this now!

@vIGGiou riou i don't think i wash that often. Will be around once a month. But I do think these will look different than the other pairs I worn, maybe quite light an low contrast. I would really not mind that though!

I wash them together with the other wash. 30, 40 or 60 C, it doesn't matter I put them in the wash er with what else needs to be washed and won't get harmed with a pair of pretty new denim. And initially I gave them a really hot spin! No secrets really :)

@Bobbo haha, I find new crinkles I never saw before every time I look at them :D

@Bobbo

Edited by maharu

I agree with the others, the denim doesn't fade too quickly. At least not in the areas with wear, morei n the crinkles from the wash :D

Anyway, back at work today:

qytrZMlh.jpg