Bobbo

GBG001 contest - Indigo Veins x Göteborg Manufaktur x Denimbase

I have same experience all over superdenim...

Yes, use an external host like imgur and use the URL of the host to include the pictures.

Posted (edited)

I use Flickr to upload the pictures and then copy the URL to Sufu @Babaron

Edited by tigerstrom

Thx, good to know.... remember some time ago I simply drag photo from my computer ...

Bastard looks delicious! Have to check it out next time around.

Think the last pairs were sent out yesterday by the boys, so now we're pretty much good to go for real!

Thanks alot for the help! 

Here comes two pics Pre wash:

48529061747_e9f0400b8f_b.jpg48528905166_303bee63dc_b.jpg

And here’s from yesterday after four days of wear post wash

48529061687_48d25e31ac_b.jpg48528905221_d05c942cf8_b.jpg

Sorry for the shitty lighting! Gonna try to get some better pics when the light is a bit better and some more detail pics! 

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Fit looks good!

Well thank you and yeah they shrank to perfect size for me! Even the leg shrinkage is spot on, so no need for hemming either. 

God damn these jeans are amazing

Gave my pair another wash, hot this time, and they really shrank up to exactly where I wanted them. Top block is not spot on. 

Still trying to figure out how I want to cuff them though, currently rocking some jumbo cuffs but I’ll probably experiment for a while  

EOWiwTH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Was also affected by the problems with posting pictures.. So much that I didn't even bother taking pictures.

But here is a picture of my lap clad in contest denim, from the very first day of wear! 

VAfxNXK.jpg

Posted (edited)

Nice to see all the entries! And all fits are great so far :)

Still playing with how to wear them. Also hoping they will loose some inseam with the next wash

UN9bCUul.jpg

yoCOGa0l.jpg

FTOlU4pl.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Hey Bobbo.

Reporting I am boarding. Today my pair came. Are fantastic. Just still fighting with uploading pictures. In past years i posted here only couple of times, but usually with pictures without problem. Now is not possible to upload from computer, so I am trying upload flicker URL with the same result. No upload...

I’m in the same boat as you b_F, kind of playing with the cuffs a bit. They look good uncuffed with boots, but sloppy with sneakers. 

Posted (edited)

Welcome onboard @vIGGiou riou Hm that sucks. I use Imgur and usually just copy the link you find in the BBCode field.  

Edit: Like the big single cuff @beautiful_FrEaK That's how I usually wear my Warehouse 800 with sneakers (and boots, most of the time).

Edited by Bobbo

Thx Bobbo. Now I cleared BBCode from the useless characters and symbols and look my boarding pass is here ....

48536664551_426f0ca182_o.jpg

Yeah, I think the big single cuff is the way to go with these. Went with a double today, and it just wasn't right.

I'm also hoping for a bit more of shrinkage with future washes though.. @Bobbo @beautiful_FrEaK

What's the inseam at now? Have only washed my pair once so far, so I can't chime in too much.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maharu said:

Yeah, I think the big single cuff is the way to go with these. Went with a double today, and it just wasn't right.

I'm also hoping for a bit more of shrinkage with future washes though.. @Bobbo @beautiful_FrEaK

The inseam on mine actually shrunk quite a lot. Haven’t meassured them yet but I can post the specs post wash when I get around to it. 

Edited by Babaron

^  After one warm soak and one wash, the inseam on my size 36 shrank 2" -- from 36.5" to 34.5".  Here are all the measurements:  Raw / Post-Wash.  The Post-Wash measurements include minimal stretch, as I wore the jeans for about 15 minutes before measuring.

Size 36   Raw / Post Wash (stretched slightly)

Waist         36" / 35"

FR           13" / 12.5"

BR         16.375" /  16"

Thigh       14" /  13.25"

LO          8.675" / 8.25"

Inseam     36.5" /  34.5"

Thanks guys! I had mine hemmed and didn't measure before first wash.. But I'll give them a spin soon enough anyway, as being a parent of a 2,5 year old makes your pants prone to recieving a lot of stains. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

day number 2 in

denim is really amazing. no slubby, not intended irregularities, really vintage look and feeling. even in raw there is promise of vertical falling. 

trying to compare denim of GBG 001 with rep denim of LVC. Most close it seems to me to LVC 1954 from Cone, also due to the similar weight of denim (by the way 1954 are my favourite cut). if I put them together, it works well. colour, roughness, almost all.... even cut is very, very similar. I am looking forward to see differencies in evolution process of GBG in comparison of my broken 1954....

the other 12 oz LVC are different as you can see in picture

fit pics next week, when I'll come home...

48544604867_510a1f2046_o.jpg48544805181_4f21310135_o.jpg48544790906_b8ac140247_o.jpg48544942482_2c3bcab56b_o.jpg48544501346_163f52f311_o.jpg

Edited by vIGGiou riou

forgot initial measurement of my W34....

48546387552_2b065411f3_o.jpg

^^ someone likes his LVC jeans, eh? :D

I found the denim pretty similar to my LVC 47 but then I don't have so many LVC jeans to sompare them with.

Interesting to hear the LVC comparisons. Shingo worked pretty hard to get it close to vintage Levi's. Gotta check which era he was gunning for!

Yesterday, it's been pretty hot again (30+ °C) in my part of the world so when you already suffer wearing your new jeans, you can at least try to cool down a bit with some ice cream

rnTdUqfl.jpg

Haha, are you telling me that's really ice cream? Would have fooled me.

...only in Germany.

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

rnTdUqfl.jpg

that's very German of you!