GBG001 contest - Indigo Veins x Göteborg Manufaktur x Denimbase

Bobbo

• 2 weeks later...

^Cycling quite much and keeping my phone in that pocket. It's quite big (honor 6c or something like that) and rubs on the denim. Gets even worse since I got a racing bike frame.
Also a small fit issue, they are quite slim on my thighs, but I need at least 30cm thighs on everything, basically :D 
The repair method I used also kind off cuts away weak fabric, folds under the strong fabric and sews it down on a patch, so the hole first off all gets bigger, but looks a little cleaner, since u usually don't have lose threads of warp and weft hanging around in front of the patch, I just always sew a blanket stitch around the fold to press it down a little.

Edited by Thanks_M8

• 2 weeks later...

I need to wear my pair a bit more too, I've got them on today actually. I've just gotten used to wearing jeans that are about an inch wider at the hem lately.
Maybe the best roping on any pair of jeans I've handled. I'll wear them this week and take some photos soon.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:39 AM, maharu said:

Yeah, they really have an awesome roping! @Bobbo

Heres one of a growing number of busted and repaired seams pictured after yesterdays trip in the washer :)

20200618_193506.thumb.jpg.744a265b7df3ea7411d42a1677e8ac6d.jpg

Just in case ur up to some DIY chain-stitching by hand ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic