GBG001 contest - Indigo Veins x Göteborg Manufaktur x Denimbase

Bobbo

On 4/1/2020 at 11:07 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I have the feeling this denim breaks down quicker than other denims I have handled. 

This is intriguing for future projects. What's breaking down? Except the seams.

The denim itself. I feel the warp yarns simply wear down quicker than other jeans. I mean not fading, just the yarns breaking.
The denim on the roping wears through and also on the knees there is some warp yarns breaking, resulting in some nep-looking effect.
I think my pair has between 3-4 months of real wear so not erally much.

kids became adults ... :o) and even during knee gardening result is not sufficient ... most fading I have on thighs (cleaning my hands) and bat (sitting in car/in front of computer) for biking I use biking trousers ... so, for me works only time of wears ...... :blush2:

Edited by vIGGiou riou

Gave 'em a wash. Patched the worn to the weft area on the butt from the inside. Probably keep the other holes for now, hoping they don't get that much bigger, maybe they'll help with airflow come summer.

IMG_20200411_094543.jpg

IMG_20200411_094526.jpg

IMG_20200411_094436.jpg

Edited by Thanks_M8

Wowza, you're really putting them to the test mate. I don't even have any broken threads yet on my sample pair.

Looks like I never wrote down the length of the contest in the entry post. But I do recall we said 18 months. So 10 months left I guess? 

Yeah @Maynard Friedman Just did that and added the list of participants. Let me know if I have missed some of you guys!

What are you guys doing while working from home/being in lockdown (if you are)? Find myself drinking way too much coffee, flipping records and going for walks in the woods.

CbBsRv9h.jpg

tDBvEYfh.jpg

LGB8baoh.jpg

VOgwmxih.jpg

Btw, Café brasileiro is one of the oldest coffee spots in Fukuoka. Not very good though.