GBG001 contest - Indigo Veins x Göteborg Manufaktur x Denimbase

Bobbo

shortly: initial pair sent to me got lost/sunk in a Golf of Finland, so in several weeks guys from Göteborg Manufaktur sent another one that reached closer to me but DHL said "no! not to him" and sent it back to shop...sooo another try sending and after several days fighting with customs I got them (guys at Göteborg Manufaktur are the best!!).

finally dried from initial wash and (yeah, all of you I see your 6-8 weeks progress) got first wear today. will try to keep up

gbg.jpg

yeah, I know, but still I don't plan to wash them. they had some little shower during motorbike riding and it did on wet parts crispy spots. will wash them first time when they become dirty. now still clean and not smelling....:rolleyes:

next week I'll do proper pictures of evolution

If you ever make it to Austin let me know, would be cool to grab some beers and tacos!
My favorite place here is called Discada, they only make two things: discada tacos and elote (Mexican street corn).
Here's a Wikipedia link about discada cooking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discada
The tacos are tiny, so they serve them in quantities of 3, 5 and 8. I can easily eat about 12 because they're so good. :D
PxdvHUr.jpg
90mshjr.jpg
I was fully expecting to wash these today, but now I'm thinking about waiting a little longer.
Gcl1CTV.jpg
apk5XTs.jpg
5SPA6Rc.jpg
V6gM7aa.jpg
fQNCLSn.jpg
0XgNt3s.jpg
dezkYja.jpg
dP0rkjx.jpg
sFWDsiY.jpg
dlKf7FQ.jpg
d1lNesN.jpg
SGVZccT.jpg
0Nudf7Q.jpg
HOQk3lW.jpg
1Xudpc7.jpg
Some other random updates of the last few weeks.
Made it out to probably my favorite Austin brewery: Jester King.
yCmoOua.jpg
@longshanks is trying to convert me to be a Liverpool fan!
lYoseS8.jpg
3h1EWvz.jpg
dJFJFUX.jpg
GmVSpoH.jpg
xCrx3Gm.jpg

Looking great @Broark and @Bobbo.

Actually finished two batches of hot sauce and some dried chili powder this weekend. One batch is lactofermented ala noma's fermentation bible and then cooked and jarred so it keeps a little longer and made from mostly red peppers. The other one is made from mostly green peppers, since those had to get picked before they rot, come fall here in germany. All the peppers were homegrown in my grandparents yard, weirdly enough the habanero plants yielded the most peppers.

Also bonus train pic with freshly washed and dried jeans and dirty red wings.

IMG-20191005-WA0003.jpeg

IMG_20191005_191008.jpg

Also got a fancy new shirt from my granddad :D

IMG_20191005_191925.jpg

Edited by Thanks_M8