Bobbo

Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Posted (edited)

Dear 'Bridgers' 

I've spoken to Bobbo about the fact that I might not be able to participate in this comp with this new pair of collaboration jeans. Which is sad but I've only recently bought a pair of Denimbridge jeans sewn by double Volante, and have just got them broken in.

As this is the case I thought I might ask for permission to participate unofficially with my pair as there isn't a Denimbridge thread and the jeans are same fabric & maker with a different design.

Edited by UkeNo

Here's an example of this irregular selvedge

That's a English 50 pence piece.

IMG_20190329_131823.jpg

Hi mate! As much as I'd love to have you onboard @UkeNo since you were the first Bridger amongst us, I need to think about it and discuss it with the other gents. 

Don't worry guys, just an idea ;)

Damn, this looks awesome! I've noticed that my last few jeans are are pretty slim and release I want a slightly more relaxed pair like my 1001s so this is very tempting! I assume the measurements on the site are after shrink right? They look pretty good! I assume no issue though if we decide to get them tapered a bit (from someone else)? 

3 hours ago, d-rew12 said:

Damn, this looks awesome! I've noticed that my last few jeans are are pretty slim and release I want a slightly more relaxed pair like my 1001s so this is very tempting! I assume the measurements on the site are after shrink right? They look pretty good! I assume no issue though if we decide to get them tapered a bit (from someone else)? 

Hi mate! Happy you like them! Yes, it's after shrinkage. Just beware how Shingo has measured the jeans.

Of course there's no worries if you want to alter them.

Can I be added to the list of wanting pocket bags signed?

Oh, and I also did raw, but hemmed @Broark

On 6/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, Bobbo said:

Hi mate! Happy you like them! Yes, it's after shrinkage. Just beware how Shingo has measured the jeans.

Of course there's no worries if you want to alter them.

Thanks for answering! Do you happen to know the amount of stretch (at least in the waist), or what the raw waist measurement was?

@srudy Shoot me a dm with your name and email. I'll see what we can do. Totally forgot to ask Kuniyoshi-san about ut.

@d-rew12 Don't have the raw measurements I'm afraid but I did get 3-4 cm stretch in the waist.

6 hours ago, Bobbo said:

@srudy Shoot me a dm with your name and email. I'll see what we can do. Totally forgot to ask Kuniyoshi-san about ut.

@d-rew12 Don't have the raw measurements I'm afraid but I did get 3-4 cm stretch in the waist.

Thanks for the info! But man that worries me now. :sad:

The 36 is perfect except the waist is tiny. A 38 would be too big really everywhere else (except waist) but if ony really 3-4cm (even 5cm) is not enough in the waist. Damn... Might have to wait til september to see if there are any left and see what everyones measure out to. Damn, they look awesome. Is Shingo-san interested in making a 36 but with a waist from a 38 haha (joking). 

Also placed an order. asked in notes for pocket bags signature and desired length after shrinkage - but should I've also note that I want them raw or they'll be raw be default?

'

@dau Shoot the Gbg Mfg boys a note that you want them raw. Better safe than sorry. :) 

@d-rew12 Yeah I get that. Not a massive difference betweem the 36 and the 38 though (except in the waist). Give it some thought, you've got a couple of days before the preorder closes, although I'm pretty sure the boys will order a couple of extra pairs to have in the shop. Could probably swap sizes then if you want to get them for the preorder price.

Btw, we have around 40 orders now, so it looks like it will be a decent contest! 

Got a reply from Kuniyoshi-san that he will be able to sign the pocketbags.

14 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Got a reply from Kuniyoshi-san that he will be able to sign the pocketbags.

Wondering if anyone would be against having the pocketbags signed?  Presuming it isn't too much trouble for Kuniyoshi-san, could I throw out a proposal that he signs all the pocketbags? Might be easier than coordinating which pairs to sign and which pairs not to sign...

Haha all too trye @schmallo15 We'll probably go down that route.

Btw, today is the last day to preorder, so don't sleep on it if you're still on the fence. Can't wait to get this started!

FaknWn3h.jpg

qtIT2kqh.jpg

muMPmMKh.jpg

T4gca2qh.jpg

So how's the waiting coming along? I can report that Inoue-san has started cutting the fabric earlier this week.

Here's a few pictures from when Shingo visited him last summer: http://denimbridge.jp/2018/07/08/9136 

Btw, looks like we'll be a little more than 50 people in the contest, 20 from Japan. 

Looks like the jeans are in production. :D

^ supremely neat stitching

Yep! They're working real fast. We seem to be quite ahead of schedule.

So, seems like they'll ship a little early? When does the contest begin again?

I think the contest was to start in September. 

15 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

So, seems like they'll ship a little early? When does the contest begin again?

Hopefully yeah! 

We'll see if we will start it earlier or stick to September. Gonna talk it over with the boys when I get back from my vacation.

I wouldn’t mind starting a month or two early. :D

It really needs to start early for me since I'm running out of jeans to wear.  Yeah right ;-)