Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

Dear 'Bridgers' 

I've spoken to Bobbo about the fact that I might not be able to participate in this comp with this new pair of collaboration jeans. Which is sad but I've only recently bought a pair of Denimbridge jeans sewn by double Volante, and have just got them broken in.

As this is the case I thought I might ask for permission to participate unofficially with my pair as there isn't a Denimbridge thread and the jeans are same fabric & maker with a different design.

Edited by UkeNo

Damn, this looks awesome! I've noticed that my last few jeans are are pretty slim and release I want a slightly more relaxed pair like my 1001s so this is very tempting! I assume the measurements on the site are after shrink right? They look pretty good! I assume no issue though if we decide to get them tapered a bit (from someone else)? 

3 hours ago, d-rew12 said:

Damn, this looks awesome! I've noticed that my last few jeans are are pretty slim and release I want a slightly more relaxed pair like my 1001s so this is very tempting! I assume the measurements on the site are after shrink right? They look pretty good! I assume no issue though if we decide to get them tapered a bit (from someone else)? 

Hi mate! Happy you like them! Yes, it's after shrinkage. Just beware how Shingo has measured the jeans.

Of course there's no worries if you want to alter them.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, Bobbo said:

Hi mate! Happy you like them! Yes, it's after shrinkage. Just beware how Shingo has measured the jeans.

Of course there's no worries if you want to alter them.

Thanks for answering! Do you happen to know the amount of stretch (at least in the waist), or what the raw waist measurement was?

6 hours ago, Bobbo said:

@srudy Shoot me a dm with your name and email. I'll see what we can do. Totally forgot to ask Kuniyoshi-san about ut.

@d-rew12 Don't have the raw measurements I'm afraid but I did get 3-4 cm stretch in the waist.

Thanks for the info! But man that worries me now. :sad:

The 36 is perfect except the waist is tiny. A 38 would be too big really everywhere else (except waist) but if ony really 3-4cm (even 5cm) is not enough in the waist. Damn... Might have to wait til september to see if there are any left and see what everyones measure out to. Damn, they look awesome. Is Shingo-san interested in making a 36 but with a waist from a 38 haha (joking). 

@dau Shoot the Gbg Mfg boys a note that you want them raw. Better safe than sorry. :) 

@d-rew12 Yeah I get that. Not a massive difference betweem the 36 and the 38 though (except in the waist). Give it some thought, you've got a couple of days before the preorder closes, although I'm pretty sure the boys will order a couple of extra pairs to have in the shop. Could probably swap sizes then if you want to get them for the preorder price.

Btw, we have around 40 orders now, so it looks like it will be a decent contest! 

14 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Got a reply from Kuniyoshi-san that he will be able to sign the pocketbags.

Wondering if anyone would be against having the pocketbags signed?  Presuming it isn't too much trouble for Kuniyoshi-san, could I throw out a proposal that he signs all the pocketbags? Might be easier than coordinating which pairs to sign and which pairs not to sign...

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

So, seems like they'll ship a little early? When does the contest begin again?

Hopefully yeah! 

We'll see if we will start it earlier or stick to September. Gonna talk it over with the boys when I get back from my vacation.