Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

4 hours ago, dau said:

I have two questions:

1. As hemming is ok, may I request to add to my pair denimbridge arcs? (I like them)

2. Is there any limit for preorder? If it happens that a lot people would like to buy/participate - will everybody have a chance to hop a pair? Will Double Volante be able to sew all the pairs?

Thanx

Hi mate! I don't think we'll provide that service. It will be hard to keep up the schedule if people can change the details, hemming is a little easier. I will check with the boys though, to see what they think. If it's possible I would be happy to provide the service for the community.

It shouldn't be a problem, unless we get a massive landslide of orders, then some pairs will of course take a little longer to finish. But fabric-wise there's no problem.

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

@Bobbo how were the front pocket openings on your pair?

Pretty well accommodating, I'd say. Definitely not as horridly tight as The Flat Head for instance. 

40 minutes ago, srudy said:

I got a delivery confirmation! What does that mean?

Hm, I'll check with the boys. Probably just an order confirmation. I'll get back to you.

^ Happy to have you mate!

@srudy It was just an automatic confirmation. You'll receive a new one when they're actually shipped!

@dau We won't accomodate tweaks on the pockets. Of course it doesn't stop you from doing it later on yourself. ;) No hidden rivets so it's not very difficult to re-stitch the pockets.

2 hours ago, space_cowboy said:

I'm torn between a 30 and a 31. The 30's measurements are perfect beside the waist which I'm worried might be a bit tight, although Bobbo did mention there is a good amount of stretch. Decisions decisions...

I’m right there in the same boat as you. I’m currently waffling between a size 34 and 35. Not so much worried about the waist as I am the half inch thigh discrepancy between the size chart and what Bobbo posted for his size 35... Worried if I go for the better waist fit with stretch the thighs will be too small on the 34.

Edited by jegr

When I'm in between sizes these days I go for the larger one, if the waist is a little big there's always a belt to solve it. Not much to do if they come up too small. Done that mistake too many times before...

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

When I'm in between sizes these days I go for the larger one, if the waist is a little big there's always a belt to solve it. Not much to do if they come up too small. Done that mistake too many times before...

Yeah, that’s definitely the way I’ve been leaning on this one... 

Order placed! I also had problems with choosing size since I'm quite a small guy weight wise(64kg 181cm), but after emailing with Jonas at Gbg Manufaktur I decided to go with size 31. 

Looking forward to this! 

Order placed! I made a note for my pair to be raw so I can wash them at home and have them hemmed by Kuniyoshi-san.
Very excited for these, quite the price considering these are made by one man. :D

Well played John! 

Edit: Might as well spam with some more pics.

Jonas, the skinny one of us is wearing the old sample which is slimmer than the final jeans will be. Don't think I've mentioned that, but might be good to know!

993Fabfl.jpg

Onhd4UVl.jpg

3GWTn1zl.jpg

NIrlWFal.jpg

C9XN7y6l.jpg

jWRSwUul.jpg

bIcaiesl.jpg

Edited by Bobbo