Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Are the most recent measurements one wash on the site?

Seems so as the only numbers that have changed from @Bobbo‘s posted numbers are the waist measurements, which I think are a result of measuring the inside circumference of the waist.

The waists seem big. I’m waiting on @Bobbo to post his measurements this weekend before ordering because going up +2, as recommended, yields a bigger waist than I’m looking for... Getting a size 35 would bring the washed pants to a waist of 33.8 instead of 33. 

Jeans look great though and I’m excited for them. It’s also worth noting that if you want your jeans raw you have to state so or else they will come one wash.

Edited by jegr

Hi guys! I'm waiting for an answer about the hemming and we haven't decided how to handle the one-washing yet. Of course you'll be able to change your mind later on if you forgot to mention it, Kuniyoshi-san starts sewing in August after all.

Here are measurements after a hot rinse and now a 40 degree machine wash. Waist is measured flat (not aligned) and the rises using Shingos measuring method. So it shrinks a little more than the chart says. But then it stretches out.

Size 35
Waist: 42 cm
Thigh: 32 cm
Front rise: 31 cm
Back rise: 36 cm
Inseam: 83,5 cm
Hem: 20 cm 

First post in this here little community! 

Count me in on the contest. Gonna order on Monday when I get paid and after Jonas has helped me with the correct measurements

@maharu If I go by how much the first sample stretched (4 cm-isch) 33 could probably work, though it will put more strain on the jeans. I'd say it depends on how slim you want your jeans.

@Babaron Welcome to Sufu! What a great way to kick it off! 

About the contest prizes, all the details are not 100 % yet, but the winner will get a pair of Denimbridge jeans and also a prize from the boys at Göteborg Manufaktur. So definitely a good haul for the winner! 

How long do you guys think we should run the contest? The usual 18 months? And are you guys OK to let the Japanese dudes and instagrammers in on it like with the TCB contest? I think that would be fun. 

Bonus denim pics:

cOlGZb4l.jpg

uVqW1tcl.jpg

Edited by Bobbo

9 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Hi guys! I'm waiting for an answer about the hemming and we haven't decided how to handle the one-washing yet. Of course you'll be able to change your mind later on if you forgot to mention it, Kuniyoshi-san starts sewing in August after all.

Here are measurements after a hot rinse and now a 40 degree machine wash. Waist is measured flat (not aligned) and the rises using Shingos measuring method. So it shrinks a little more than the chart says. But then it stretches out.

Size 35
Waist: 42 cm
Thigh: 32 cm
Front rise: 31 cm
Back rise: 36 cm
Inseam: 83,5 cm
Hem: 20 cm 

Bobbo,

It sounds like we can add about 4cm to these numbers for stretch.  So a size 35's post wash waist of 42cm as above (16.5" or 33" overall) will stretch to about 46cm (34.5").  And when you say the 'waist is measured flat', you mean the BIG method (i.e., laying the jeans fly up and measuring across the top), right?

John

Edited by JohnM

@JohnM I was lazy and didn't align them like BiG does. Just buttoned them up, put them on the floor and measured them. Sadly the jeans are in Göteborg Manufakturs store now so people can see them and try them on, so I can't measure them myself. But it's easy to just send the boys a message and I'm sure they'll sort it out if you want it BiG-style!

^ That's good enough for me Bobbo (and also how I measure the waist -- put on em the bed flat and measure across the top).  If you're a 35 in Ooe and I'm a 36, I must be a 36 in these jeans, as I think you said several pages ago ;-)

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Just wondering whether the jeans will have the sharp rivets as shown in the pictures (and therefore true to the 40s era) or round-topped rivets, which became more common in the 60s?

Rivets will be the same as in the pics! A Real mashup, haha.

You beat me to it @Broark Like them a lot!

Hi guys! Yesterday I got OK from Kuniyoshi-san, he can hem your jeans if you want it. To sort it out, write a comment on your order at Göteborg Manufaktur of your desired post wash length and that you want Kuniyoshi-san to do it.

They did stress that you should measure them like Shingo does http://denimbridge.jp/gbg as that is kow Kuniyoshi-san will do it. + Shingo says the shrinkage is still a bit unstable so the numbers will be approximate. 

maybe a weird question but do you have any idea how deep the back pockets are? Does a mid length wallet fit inside? reason I ask is that I recently sold my Stevenson Overalls 320, which has a similar shaped back pocket, because it annoyed me that my wallet (Skull Jeans) almost always popped out when seated.

I am liking the look of those measurements. Might throw my hat in the ring and get a pair for work. 

Although i don’t know why a waist gets measured anyway but flat. So it’s between a 32&33 for me to decide. 

Edited by spitfiredealer

@beautiful_FrEaK It will be the new Denim Base top button! Sadly they were not done in time for our sample jeans. Shingo got his first sample of the button the other day.

Re judging I think it would be fun if the guys who have made the jeans were judges: Kuniyoshi, Shingo and Sai that has made the pattern. 

@SLAB My Lee wallet is pretty big and barely sticks out. Shoot the Gbg Manufaktur boys a dm on Insta and I'm sure they can give you a fit pic with a mid size wallet. They have my jeans in the shop.

For those who might be interested in some background, here are some information about Sakomoto, the company that did the indigo dyeing of the yarns.

From a Big John blog:
https://bigjohn-jeans.com/blogs/news/15643032-the-story-behind-rare-fabric

And a brief mention by a guy named Tilmann (not me but it's a rather rare name in Germany so I'm a bit surprised):
https://www.sportswear-international.com/news/comment/Exclusive-Travel-Diary-Read-about-Tilmann-Wroebels-journey-to-the-land-of-Japan-Denim-Part-II-13994

Of course you can find more stuff about Sakomoto

7 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Hi guys! Yesterday I got OK from Kuniyoshi-san, he can hem your jeans if you want it. To sort it out, write a comment on your order at Göteborg Manufaktur of your desired post wash length and that you want Kuniyoshi-san to do it.

They did stress that you should measure them like Shingo does http://denimbridge.jp/gbg as that is kow Kuniyoshi-san will do it. + Shingo says the shrinkage is still a bit unstable so the numbers will be approximate. 

I have two questions:

1. As hemming is ok, may I request to add to my pair denimbridge arcs? (I like them)

2. Is there any limit for preorder? If it happens that a lot people would like to buy/participate - will everybody have a chance to hop a pair? Will Double Volante be able to sew all the pairs?

Thanx