Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

Just an FYI, measuring the rise this way does makes the back rise seem very low. I just measured my Flat Head 3009’s that I just purchased and they came out to a 13 in. back rise measured Shingo-san’s way compared to 15 in. measured BiG style. That might get you back on the bandwagon @julian-wolf.

If I’m looking at Shingo’s measuring page correctly it looks like he doesn’t go from the crotch seam (which is what I’m used to) but rather from where the denim starts just under the seam, if that makes sense. 

Either way I’m in. I’m assuming these will stretch a bit after washing. 

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

IIRC Shingo-san uses a completey different way to measure the backrise. So if this chart is from him I would advise you take a look at his website to see how exactly he measures (I think he does it from the front. Can't explain but he has pictures on hsi site to show how it's done.

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

good point! scroll down this page and you'll get an idea http://denimbridge.jp/overseas

Very good info, thanks. I'll have to re-measure some of my current jeans later today to confirm, but this seems way more plausible

Edited by julian-wolf

8 hours ago, maharu said:

Great numbers! :)

How much can we expect the waist to stretch from post wash? 

Sorry, forgot to answer you on this one! 

The first sample jeans stretched about 4 cm in the waist. Though I did take one size too small on that pair, haha.

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ Why not make them her surprise return-to-work present for you? I’m sure she’d be thrilled! 

Lol, she'd love that...

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Sorry, forgot to answer you on this one! 

The first sample jeans stretched about 4 cm in the waist. Though I did take one size too small on that pair, haha.

Hmmmm, going by this I'd need to get a 29 to achieve a true 29 inch waist. So essentially they will stretch to tag size?

Gotta start getting the measuring tape out.

Edited by Hendsch

Bobbo, sounds like you're a 33 in TCB, 35 in Ooe, and 35 in these jeans.  I'm a 34 in TCB and 36 in Ooe -- so it sounds like 36.

Back rise was my concern since most of the jeans I really like measure over 16" (the BIG way).  But I'll remeasure some Ooe's or OrSlow 105's the other way to see where they come out.

Damn you Bobbo! Those measurements in size 33 look perfect for me and I’m on a ‘no buy’ unless I sell something first ...

I have an interesting pair that has just cleared customs (after a week and a half) and is awaiting an additional payment from me. This is to replace the TCB50s I sold. 

Anyway, you have me thinking now :huh: :rolleyes:

Regarding waist and rise, here are some comparisons:

Denimbridge (36 post wash) / Ooe OA02 (36 stretched) / OrSlow 105 (size 3 after washing/drying):

Waist:  34.4" / 34.4" / 34.5"

FR:      12.6" / 13.25" / 13.25"

BR:      14.6" / 15.25" / 14.5"

Relative to the stretched Ooe's, it looks like the Denimbridge will have the same waist and slightly lower front and back rises.  With stretch, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the Denimbridge in size 35 will more closely approximate the fit of a size 36 in the Ooe OA02.

Edited by JohnM

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Damn you Bobbo! Those measurements in size 33 look perfect for me and I’m on a ‘no buy’ unless I sell something first ...

I have an interesting pair that has just cleared customs (after a week and a half) and is awaiting an additional payment from me. This is to replace the TCB50s I sold. 

Anyway, you have me thinking now :huh: :rolleyes:

Haha, so sorry Maynard. But I'm glad you like them!

4 hours ago, mpukas said:

Has the price been stated, or did I miss it? 

No it hasn't. We've cut our margins quite a bit so the price will be 229 € for the pre-orders.

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

Regarding waist and rise, here are some comparisons:

Denimbridge (36 post wash) / Ooe OA02 (36 stretched) / OrSlow 105 (size 3 after washing/drying)

Thanks for the comparison John! I'm picking up the final sample today, so after I have washed them this weekend I can do some comparisons as well.