Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

Waiting, waiting, waiting. At least I can share some more info on the denim. Like I stated a couple of days ago its a 14 oz loomstate fabric. The fabric is made exclusively for Denimbridge by Yamaashi mill in Okayama on a Toyoda shuttleloom. According to Shingo it's a small factory which is an important factor for both Shingo and us in this project.

If you want to see a little of how the fabric ages Shingo has started using it for his latest Denimbridge cut. http://denimba.com/denimbase/2018/11/03/23478 

mYFkOiLl.jpg

Hi guys, on Friday we will kick off the pre-order and post all info. But as a small courtesy I can share the post wash measurements a little early, Sufu-only.  

Size W26 W27 W28 W29 W30 W31 W32 W33 W34 W35 W36 W38 W40
Waist/inch 25 26 27 28 29 29.9 30.9 31.9 32.9 33.8 34.4 36.4 38.4
Front rise/inch 10.6 10.8 11 11.2 11.4 11.6 11.8 12 12.3 12.4 12.6 13 13.4
Back rise/inch 12.6 12.8 13 13.2 13.4 13.6 13.8 14 14.2 14.4 14.6 15 15.4
Thigh/inch 11.1 11.3 11.6 11.8 12 12.3 12.5 12.8 13 13.2 13.5 14 14.4
Knee/inch 7.5 7.6 7.8 8 8.1 8.3 8.4 8.6 8.7 8.9 9.1 9.2 9.2
Leg opening/inch 6.9 7 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.8 7.9 8 8 8
Inseam/inch 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5

Thanks for the update. Sadly, will probably be a no-go for me—I've had back luck with rear rises that low in the past. Looking forward to keeping up with the progress anyhow!

Looking good so far Bobbo - the 34 looks perfect for me. Contrary to julian, I've actually been looking for something with a lower back rise but with a front rise just like this. 

Would be a bit more tapered towards the hem than what I usually wear, but I'm happy with the decision to have them taper mostly below the knee!

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks for the update. Sadly, will probably be a no-go for me—I've had back luck with rear rises that low in the past. Looking forward to keeping up with the progress anyhow!

IIRC Shingo-san uses a completey different way to measure the backrise. So if this chart is from him I would advise you take a look at his website to see how exactly he measures (I think he does it from the front. Can't explain but he has pictures on hsi site to show how it's done.

Edit: oh and to keep this a proper "interest check thread": given the Lee-inspired pockets you should have opted for a proper hair on hide patch ;):D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

11 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

IIRC Shingo-san uses a completey different way to measure the backrise. So if this chart is from him I would advise you take a look at his website to see how exactly he measures (I think he does it from the front. Can't explain but he has pictures on hsi site to show how it's done.

good point! scroll down this page and you'll get an idea http://denimbridge.jp/overseas
I assume measurements are post shrink/wash?
I am wary on the tapered hem width, 8 inches is within jegs territory for my standards and would mean I won't be able to wear these jeans with engineer boots. mmh... everything else sounds nice.

Edited by volvo240thebest

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

Do note I wear engineers with my Indigofera Buck that has 7.8 hem width

I think the shaft of my White's it's much wider than average.  Anything smaller than 8.5 won't work. I may have to buy a new pair of engineers???

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

^it's post wash. With a little hem you might get to the 8". What size are you these days? :)

another good point re hem, if I factor in a 30' inseam and only a small cuff I may get away with it. My waist circumference is just shy of 35 inches and I wear a 34. I think I may need a 35 on these according to the measurements though.

Hmm, so I'm leaning towards a 38 given the smaller waist/ lower back rise. Assuming they're sized similarly to Ooe in going up two in the waist?
Like Volvo said, a little more tapered than I'm used to but I want to make these work.

^ Yeah, I'm a 35 in these just like my Ooe. 

When we're talking about the tapering it is pretty close to OA02 so they won't feel that tapered. The difference being ours taper more from the knee than Ooe's that starts their tapering earlier in the thighs.