Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

35 minutes ago, Toegun said:

Wow this thread is already up to 3 pages, I’d take that as a very positive reaction!

Don't, 90% of it is nonsense, of which I added more than my fair share.

Seriously though, I'm starting to think that this kind of thing is the only way forward for denim-heads, people who are passionate about the denim and the culture, coming together to make a special/specific pair in fairly limited numbers.

So godspeed to you @Bobbo and Denim Bridge.

5 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

Don't, 90% of it is nonsense, of which I added more than my fair share.

Seriously though, I'm starting to think that this kind of thing is the only way forward for denim-heads, people who are passionate about the denim and the culture, coming together to make a special/specific pair in fairly limited numbers.

So godspeed to you @Bobbo and Denim Bridge.

Not sure where you get the 90% mate, most responses are positive or genuine questions. But defo agree about involving the community to get great denim pieces.

So stoked to see all this initial interest!

Hopefully we get the final sample very soon and don't feel the need to tamper more with the measurements. Then I can share it all and we'll if it's up your ally.

^ It's a 14 oz denim with a very light pink selvedge-ID made by a blend of US cotton. It was made to capture the essence of vintage Cone and I'd say it turned out very well. It starts out flat and uniform before it hits water, then it crocks like crazy (which you kind of can see in the pic above). Should get some nice vertical falling, going by the washed samples.

1 hour ago, YossarianRaw said:

Okay now you really have my interest Bobbo. Any more you can share about the cotton's origins?

It is wild long staple cotton from the valley of San Joaquin in California and was harvested by hand by a guy called "Bob". He has 4 sons and a golden retriever called "Fido". Both Bob and Fido are lefties.

7 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

Alright mister Piper, that's enough for tonight. Don't you have some pasta to devour? :D

just had some maccheroni with human liver ragout paired with a nice glass of Chianti. Where's Maynard?

1 minute ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Fido has a very strong pedigree and won Best of Breed at Crufts from 2014-2017.

ah here he is! thanks for giving us more details.

2 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If volvo is on board I will highly consider to throw my hat in the ring for this contest.
But only if the rise is between 28 and 28.3 cm, of course!

thank you for understanding my influencer powers and my overall genius. At the moment I'm interested, pending measurements and further information on the pedigree of Fido the dog. I'm wary of the backpockets too tho. that teaser pic made me think that the back pocket are maybe too small, or maybe are too wide and will make my butt look weird. I won't kop if the backpockets are less than 17,5 cm wide and if there is no more than 12 cm between them.

9 hours ago, tchengaa said:

any details on the cut ? thanks a lot bobbo

Well, since we've changed the pattern it's a little bit more difficult to speak about the cut than the details - I haven't seen the finished product after all. But like I've mentioned earlier it will probably end up somewhat similar to Ooe Yofukutens OA02

5 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

Okay now you really have my interest Bobbo. Any more you can share about the cotton's origins?

Hm, can't remember from the top of my head. I'll check with Shingo.