Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Bobbo

Hey guys, I have some very exciting news to share. Soon I will release a collaboration I’ve done with my good friends at http://www.goteborgmanufaktur.se and Shingo-san of Denimbridge, sewn by the one man army Kuniyoshi-san of Double Volante in their new project Denim Base. 14 oz greatness made in Japan with a really nice vintage vibe to the fabric and a lovely olive herringbone fabric for the pocketbags. 

Measurements:

Size W26 W27 W28 W29 W30 W31 W32 W33 W34 W35 W36 W38 W40
Waist/inch 25 26 27 28 29 29.9 30.9 31.9 32.9 33.8 34.4 36.4 38.4
Front rise/inch 10.6 10.8 11 11.2 11.4 11.6 11.8 12 12.3 12.4 12.6 13 13.4
Back rise/inch 12.6 12.8 13 13.2 13.4 13.6 13.8 14 14.2 14.4 14.6 15 15.4
Thigh/inch 11.1 11.3 11.6 11.8 12 12.3 12.5 12.8 13 13.2 13.5 14 14.4
Knee/inch 7.5 7.6 7.8 8 8.1 8.3 8.4 8.6 8.7 8.9 9.1 9.2 9.2
Leg opening/inch 6.9 7 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.8 7.9 8 8 8
Inseam/inch 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5 34.5

Shingo measures the front and back rise a little differently which gives different measurements from the BiG-method. Here you can see how he measured them if you scroll down: http://denimbridge.jp/overseas

Fabric: A14 oz denim with a very light pink selvedge-ID made by a blend of US cotton. It was made to capture the essence of vintage Cone and I'd say it turned out very well. It starts out flat and uniform before it hits water, then it crocks like crazy (which you kind of can see in the pic above). Should get some nice vertical falling, going by the washed samples. The fabric is made exclusively for Denimbridge by Yamaashi mill in Okayama on a Toyoda shuttleloom. According to Shingo it's a small factory which is an important factor for both Shingo and us in this project.

If you want to see a little of how the fabric ages Shingo has started using it for his latest Denimbridge cut. http://denimba.com/denimbase/2018/11/03/23478 

Since there's been talk about doing a Denimbridge contest for a few years now I was thinking now might be a good time with a special release. The jeans will be made in August so a contest could be possible to start late September.

The prize: The winner will win two prizes: a pair of Denimbridge jeans, sponsored by Denimbridge, and also a prize from Göteborg Manufaktur.

Pre-order: The pre-order is running until June 15th via https://goteborgmanufaktur.se/brands/goteborg-manufaktur/goteborg-manufaktur-x-indigo-veins-x-denimbase-gbg001-jeans-pr.html

I'll have more info to share in the next couple of days and will post more details about the jeans. But for now, what do you guys say, shall we put up a contest?

Participants:

Beautiful_Freak (confirmed)

Tigerstrom (confirmed)

Srudy (confirmed)

Thanks_M8 (confirmed)

jegr (confirmed)

maharu (confirmed)

space_cowboy (confirmed)

Babaron (confirmed)

Broark (confirmed)

longshanks

ALB (confirmed)

unders

JohnM (confirmed)

Edit: I will continue to update the first post when we release more info.

Here's sneakpeak shots to get a little bit excited:

BsQtlewl.jpg

nwdLcVzl.jpg

VJF3Um1l.jpg

mYFkOiLl.jpg

BKsGgCZl.jpg

n2veZttl.jpg

JpNR29Hl.jpg

flllizbl.jpg

Edited by Bobbo

Thanks for the lovely words gents! More details, fit pictures and size charts to come.

Olive herringbone pocket bags are by far my favorite, had to use it now that I could boss around on the details, haha.

Would love to make a WW2 cut someday but this time around we went for more of a 60's cut, albeit a little more modern. We just tweaked the pattern a little after recieving the samples so I'm waiting on an updated size chart. Will share it as soon as I get it.

So we’re looking at a carrot shaped jean? 13.5 in thigh with a 6 in hem? Hopefully that comes with a 9 in front rise. Should go along perfectly with the vintage-esque fabric and pocket bags. Lol

in all seriousness sounds super interesting and a good follow up to TCB 20s. 

Thanks for the kind words, Maynard! Hopefully I can wrestle down my laziness and actually start posting again aswell once it is up and running again. 

@nycsurfer530 Haha, how did you know?! We'll probably land pretty close to Ooe Yofukutens OA02 measurements. Slightly wider thighs and tad higher rise.

Edited by Bobbo

Yeah, also interested. My TCB60’s I’m wearing for the DWC are getting quite tattered so I won’t be wearing them the whole 2 years anyways. Another 60’s cut and denimbridge denim!? Oh yeah/fan va gött!

I'm interested.  Like the sound of a OA02 cut with higher rise and wider thighs!

7 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Higher rise than the Ooe 02? That's pretty high :D

haha that's the kind of talk I like on interest check threads. Thanks Tillman!
I'm in as long as the patch is unicorn leather and the front rise is 28,9 cm... yada yada. I wear 36 on Sugarcane and Warehouse, 35 on Fullcount, 38 on Evisu, what size will I be on these?