WAYWT 2019 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

Went for a run tonight after seeing how much progress Volvo has made and how much of a wall I've hit in the last six months!
This morning I was expecting it to be in the 90's, so I left wearing one outfit but had to change on my lunch break because it was only 67 out. Bizarre for Texas this time of year.
Warm edition:
lDvPqR7.jpg
The Flat Head.
PBJ.
Roy.
Viberg.

Colder edition:
qLGIRjd.jpg
OrSlow.
PBJ.
Roy.
Viberg.

CmH0WoM.jpg

Sun Surf, TFH, Cane's, Cabourn

Will take some time to get used to the (relatively) lower rise on these, but overall I'm plenty happy with the fit so far. Plenty happy with the details, too, but that goes without saying.

^ They have a few sub-brands that consistently seem to put out interesting stuff. This is tagged Oahu Garment Co. (actually doesn't allude to Sun Surf anywhere at all besides the SS product code); they mostly put out blouses and work jackets in similar "palaka check" patterns. The other sub-brand that has stood out to me, especially in the last couple of seasons, is Union Supply, which seems to be more factory- / navy-inspired.

The fabric that they used for this shirt is one of my favorites of all that I own—check pattern aside, the yarn / weave combo has an awesome dry hand that breathes great and stays really crinkle-y even sans starch, almost like a heavy-gauge linen. The factory wash seems to have shrunk it a ton, as there's plenty of puckering, and they've used this to their advantage by cutting the yoke horizontally so that the main back panel's ended up with a bunch of extra width post-shrink, comparatively, just as if there was a sizable pleat (which there isn't). Would've made it horrible try and size a non-wash version, but ends up giving great range of motion. Great design overall.

Edited by julian-wolf

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

Drove my kid to camp this week end. We rented a convertible Mustang, that was fun. TCB for him, IH & Patagonia for me.

C6B5B2E9-D041-4DC9-BAA3-912F0D2B5E8E.jpeg

Those are some short shorts there mate 

never knew tcb done kids stuff , jacket looks great . Does he do smaller stuff for the likes of a 3 year old ? 

5.5" inseam Patagonia standup shorts - my go-to shorts in summer.

I don't know the sizes TCB makes. I bought that jacket (barely) used, here, from someone who had purchased it for their wife but had found it too small.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

5.5" inseam Patagonia standup shorts - my go-to shorts in summer.

I don't know the sizes TCB makes. I bought that jacket (barely) used, here, from someone who had purchased it for their wife but had found it too small.

You could ask them to make one if you give them measurements.  That'd definitely would be worth posting in the TCB thread if the made to order goes through.

@Broark cheers mate... it's been a while since I've worn them so a nice change... must get them out more often...

It's been a "heatwave" weekend here (UK standards :)) so the 10oz was welcome... though I realise the double legs make for 20oz in parts!

A little fun today with a new denim I've just picked up : Resolute 711. Got it second hand in an immaculate state. Had a little surprise when I got it as It's Hand-signed by Hayashi <3

I don't normally wear my shirts tucked but had to try once.

Lbtmfsnh.jpg

psErGc8h.jpg

Orslow/Uniqlo/Resolute711/Converse