Public Service Announcement: "Save Kiyama Denim Mill" GoFundMe Started

Inimitable N!

I noticed this benefit Takayuki Echigoya of Bowery Blue Makers started on GoFundMe to help save Kiyama Denim Mill in Okayama. The mill sustained flood waters of over four feet submerging the machines for days. As we all surely know these antique shuttle looms are assembled from both metal and wood including the shuttles. When running Kiyama's mill uses 1000 shuttles, 200 have been donated from other mills while the others will undergo the painstaking process of being hand repaired by a 78 year-old master craftsman. Needless to say, the situation is certainly worthy of the attention of the greater denim community.

Save Kiyama Denim Mill

Having survived numerous hurricanes having lived in Florida most of my life I personally understand the loss and the pain of trying to rebuild. I thought I'd bring it to the attention of everyone here who is concerned.

If moderators find the post to be against the principles or policies of SuFu please feel free to remove, I won't be offended.