Indigofera

JDelage

Indigofera is a brand based out of Stockholm, Sweden. It's just over 10 year old, having been launched in '07. They follow a 50's / 60's "cowboy" design. Their products are made mostly in Portugal but the fabrics are sourced out of Japan.

Copeland shirt in gunpowder. The Copeland is considered the slimmer version of the Fargo, but it's still a fairly boxy cut, and the fabric weight & straight bottom makes it more natural to wear untucked (but I've worn it tucked in with high waist jeans). The fabric is a 3-by-1, 14oz denim made in Japan, it's rope dyed and fast fading. It's a fairly flat & uniform material, which works well with the color IMHO. You can see below that the shirt is evolving already. It has been soaked once and washed twice. I love the heavy duty snaps with the psychedelic font and the thick leather patch. The detailed pics below are the most accurate in color. It's a dusty black, and there is no blue cast. It works great with blue quite frankly.

I bought this shirt from Hepcat, which offers good pricing for int'l customers as they take out the VAT.

The measurements on my M sized shirts are: shoulders 18.5", P2P 22", length 29", sleeves 27.5". I don't have the opening measurement but there's very little tapper.

3188276F-5A09-48F9-88A2-689BD953D600.jpeg

00904C83-B458-48FC-BCA5-71CF7AF59640.jpeg

C2B7389D-DAD5-465B-B5BD-B84C0F48FF5C.jpeg

DFE01D6E-1BBC-4BD2-8BC8-2BD282274AEC.jpeg

102308C7-2846-4558-A7DF-433129A5F579.jpeg

654956D1-C100-4C9A-AFE6-DF008413BFFA.jpeg

25AC1758-3411-44AE-B25C-776050E6B5D3.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

Buck jeans in desert or high desert denim.

The detailed pic of the cuff is the most accurate, color wise.

The Bucks are a mid waist cut with a good amount of room in the thighs and some tapper. I just got them from Hepcat a month ago (again, great service). The color is a rich beige (beige x white twill). The fabric is a 13.5oz sanforized denim that I have seen described as selvedge in some places, and non selvedge in others. As you can see below, it looks non selvedge to me. Interestingly, it's nearly exactly the same color as my MFSC Lot.44 in P30 denim (out of stock now), except the MFSC denim is definitely selvedge (and not sanforized IIRC). The color pairs great with an indigo denim top.

On my pair size 33, the waist is 35", thighs 13", knees 8.75", front rise 11.5", back rise 16.5", leg opening is 7" (!).

4AAFA75D-789C-4256-B96E-D23EC04629E7.jpeg

9CA8872E-6FA4-4278-B2A0-DC4063DE70D0.jpeg

CFB885F9-C513-4028-BB79-57AEE7411B31.jpeg

6660AB53-E65C-4504-9AF6-FEA2FCE9D953.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up an Indigofera shirt yesterday at S&S and I really, really like it a lot

Haven't ever been that interested in their whole aesthetic, but this ticks all the boxes for me as a simple, well-made, heavyish workshirt with no bells and whistles. Unsurprisingly, it fits me better than a lot of Japanese shirts, which is a nice plus. The fabric's a really soft chino / moleskin (not really sure where to draw the distinction) and it's been garment-dyed to a sort of brick red that doesn't come through so well in the photos. Not actually sure what the model is, but it 100% has my endorsement

Fit photos for reference

y8i1PcH.jpg

odR0u2w.jpg

XlgVw7a.jpg

kYDUfhV.jpg

Yep, that checks out

Since getting this I've been looking into some of their other shirts, and I notice that on a lot of them—particularly Westerns—the pocket flaps are way too small for the pockets. Any idea why that is? A lot of the shirts seem really nice besides, but unless there's some or other good justification, that's likely a dealbreaker, which is a shame

The Alamo is a great shirt! Especially like the new red version. 

Don't know why the pocket flaps are designed that way, but they are very nerdy with their designs so I'm sure there's a thought behind it. Perhaps Neil can shed some light on it.

10 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Since getting this I've been looking into some of their other shirts, and I notice that on a lot of them—particularly Westerns—the pocket flaps are way too small for the pockets. Any idea why that is? A lot of the shirts seem really nice besides, but unless there's some or other good justification, that's likely a dealbreaker, which is a shame

Can you post an example? I have a couple of their Westerns (Ryman & Dollard I believe), and I have not had this impression. I also have the Copeland, which is not really a Western.

@Bobbo, that's fair enough. I didn't mean to discredit the folks designing them—I do assume they have good reasons for making this sort of decision, I guess I just don't know yet whether they'll be reasons that I like personally

@JDelage, looking on their website, it seems like the Dollard, Ryman, and Vallecito are the ones I'm thinking of

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

looking on their website, it seems like the Dollard, Ryman, and Vallecito are the ones I'm thinking of

If that might be of interest to you, I'm happy to take some details pics.

7 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks a bunch for posting those, especially with the pocket flap up-plus-down combo. Wearing them, do you end up noticing the size mismatch much?

What do you mean by mismatch? (That may be the answer to your question...)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://franklinandpoe.com/collections/trousers/products/indigofera-quinn-trouser-8-oz-indigo-military-chambray

I bought these and wore them maybe 6 times. The fit just isnt for me. Retail for $250 I'd like to get $150. Thanks

Sz33

W - 16.5

Th - 12

In - 28

LO - 8.75

Fr - 11

Br - 15

20190729_180357.jpg

20190729_180415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...