Story MFG

Nei.Nor

Agreed they look really good @Nei.Nor - your fit is spot on... what is your shirt?  

IIRC they were getting their early denim from India with some tempting natural indigo jeans and I remember nearly going for what sounds like @lance's shirt but they were out of my size. Think they were selling these from a barge/houseboat on the Thames at the time and experimenting a lot. Looks like they're cutting a trendier edge with other items as well these days.

@MJF9 the shirt is tender.

They seem to get a lot of their fabrics from India and work closely with producers both there and Thailand as well. They do a good job of covering it all on Instagram stories. I really like the khaki dye they’ve used for this season, which they’ve apparently worked to produce for some years.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, lance said:

I have a pair of their natural indigo dyed/hand loomed trousers and a natural indigo dyed short sleeve shirt from when they first started but haven't kept up. Trousers look good, NEI.Nor

Would be interesting to see how these developed over time @lance… was your shirt called a 'shore shirt' by any chance?

Since the reurgence of this brand, I have looked for both the trousers and shirt but to no avail! I only wore the shirt once and the trousers, never. I’ll keep looking and if I find either/both, I’ll post pics for reference. I don’t recall the name but the shirt was also, I believe, hand loomed as well as Ai dyed. Bobbin and Katy?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Lovely to see this thread on here and @lance I remember you well! It was early people like you who helped us find our feet and encouraged us to keep moving. That shirt you're talking about was absolute hell on earth to make (iirc it had over 50 natural ingredients in the vat).

@MJF9 Thanks for starting this - have we spoken?

Good to hear from you, bobbin - happy to hear the early purchases helped and that you're still going strong! 50 natural ingredients in the vat - well done!! The texture of the shirt is special, too. I see you’re still offering the Sundae jacket; and looking better than ever with the Floral Repairs!

Edited by lance