Stuff you would like to see made

Flash

Basicly a place where you can talk about that grail vintage piece you could never afford/find and would like to see a repro of , or whatever you can think of really . 

I'd prefer if this thread didn't turn in " wanna see bpj do a collab with flathead " but if that's what you want to see then who am I to judge 

Id love to see a repro of the blue toe Converse , these were introduced in the mid 60's iirc and didn't stuck around for long . Would be perfect for Warehouse or maybe McCoys to do 

bluetoewhitehi07_zpsx5esagtk.jpg

Pic taken from 

http://www.chucksconnection.com/markrecobcollection/

A run of american-made Vans would be a dream.... I definitely find the "Anaheim Factory" collections rather misleading and still leaving some to be desired compared to OG shape / materials. I have a hard time believe a corporation of that size doesn't have the capability to do at least a small run... I know it might not make sense for them cost wise, but even if they were priced around $100 I am willing to bet they'd still be a hit, especially for the purists and MiUSA heads

Edited by Fooleo
typo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 10:16 PM, Flash said:

Whoever has the Lee licence in Japan needs to make a repro of these early ww2 101’s 

0DFA03EA-9E10-4184-9777-F7E91940EC8F4A59205D-EA17-4902-B828-29BC59D2A39140F736B6-A848-4102-B220-0A51B86E311D

980A38B4-9FB6-4496-B5B7-CAF4B0F80500

those iron rivets ....... 

I think this pair is the closest I’ve seen Flash, although sadly they no longer seem to be available.

I'm sure this has been done, and if it hasn't it would be horribly expensive, but a repro of some of the Blue Bell zip denim jackets from the 50s/60s. My father had one, even had the elastic gathers at the rear.

I asked my mother NEVER to sell it until I got around to finding a place to store it, but of course it disappeared...

Think that is based on the later war model , it's the rounder 30's shape pockets and hair on hide patch that I love about the early war model 

I spoke with yoshiaki ( conners sewing Factory ) a while back and mentioned lee and there war models .... he has been studying the stitching and hopefully will make them in the future 

Edited by Flash

On 9/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, Flash said:

Basicly a place where you can talk about that grail vintage piece you could never afford/find and would like to see a repro of , or whatever you can think of really . 

I'd prefer if this thread didn't turn in " wanna see bpj do a collab with flathead " but if that's what you want to see then who am I to judge 

Id love to see a repro of the blue toe Converse , these were introduced in the mid 60's iirc and didn't stuck around for long . Would be perfect for Warehouse or maybe McCoys to do 

bluetoewhitehi07_zpsx5esagtk.jpg

Pic taken from 

http://www.chucksconnection.com/markrecobcollection/

cool thread! Very late to this, and it may be common knowledge (I'm no sneaker expert) but I was reading an article about Hiroshi Fujiwara (Fragment design- Levi's Fenom among many other things) and they did a blue toe Chuck in 2009: https://www.sneakerfiles.com/fragment-design-x-converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-lo-december-2009/

image.png.613beb53f55e75630cd236d158c675fb.pngimage.png.7b1244713f19df558afa3bfba3d0e6d6.png

edit, looks like there was a high top too:

image.png.86dcbca10f644f855a514c5a9c41dac6.png

Edited by rodeo bill

2 minutes ago, rodeo bill said:

cool thread! Very late to this, and it may be common knowledge (I'm no sneaker expert) but I was reading an article about Hiroshi Fujiwara (Fragment design- Levi's Fenom among many other things) and they did a blue toe Chuck in 2009: https://www.sneakerfiles.com/fragment-design-x-converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-lo-december-2009/

image.png.613beb53f55e75630cd236d158c675fb.pngimage.png.7b1244713f19df558afa3bfba3d0e6d6.png

Thanks for the link mate but its really a reproduction of that exact 60's model that would put a massive smile on my face . I actually bought a pair of 70's reissues and tried to colour the toe with a marker ...... it didn't turn out too well :)