Foxy2

After reading a small feature early last year in Men’s File I decided to take chances and order a pair - given that nobody seemed to own a pair or knew anything about the brand.

I opted for a Type-S Authentic Straight Fit in 14oz denim...

IMG_4009_zpszuqzfzsi.jpg

IMG_4010_zpsf1vnzx0b.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpstcr6zwhs.jpg

A straight cut with a moderate rise - modern.

FullSizeRender%207_zpsykoo9g52.jpg

FullSizeRender%205_zpswkoklbw8.jpg

FullSizeRender%204_zpsttpy9kve.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpstqstmwug.jpg

IMG_4024_zpsihz8wqi0.jpg

IMG_4023_zpsv7efzt49.jpg

IMG_4025_zpsjgrghz7b.jpg

IMG_4026_zpsm7nbwznk.jpg

IMG_4027_zps1lsmmjnp.jpg

...and into the washing machine they went for the initial hot soak.

Edited by Foxy2

The comments

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Looks very nice @Foxy2.

Link to article in the New York Times https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/nyregion/a-craftsmans-passion-american-jeans.html?referer=https://www.google.co.uk/.

That lead time may extend!

The comments in the comment section of this article is disheartening to say the least.

Very nice jacket, and the fit is great on you. I really like the details of the triple pleat, and I may need to look for another one since I feel like my LVC jacket is a bit too tight. Although the buttons are just standard looking laurel leaf ones, no doubt that are of better quality than the ones found on the LVC version.

foxy, yes, that is a perfect fit for you.  also, like the others have said, what size did you get?  did you have the jacket custom altered to your specific needs or you bought the jacket as per their size chart?  i hope you know what i am asking.  thanks.  that jacket is absolutely to die for and i love the pockets the most.  it's very unique. 

also, who is that thai looking dude?  i know that he is somehow involved with the company and that jacket looks fucking amazing on him, you don't want to mess about with that dude.

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all.

4 hours ago, heavydoom said:

also, who is that thai looking dude?  i know that he is somehow involved with the company and that jacket looks fucking amazing on him, you don't want to mess about with that dude.

That would be “Pat Bangklyn” or “Pat” Prasong Kanhasura of Bangklyn fame, now running Bangklyn East Harlem...

foxy dude.  what size did you get in that jacket?  i just had a chat with echan and he seems like a real nice guy.  i may end up getting a 40 for a fitted look or the 42 for a looser look and for layering.  

Got a size 40 - just based on his size chart, no alterations, no customization. Will try to take measurements tomorrow.

just as a note: the front button plackets are narrow which makes buttoning and un-buttoming something to get used to, especially the collar button.

I edited the 2nd post from the top with the initial pictures, so here are the post-soak pictures for the S-Type jeans from last year:

236EA84E-9C63-4521-ADB8-30F69A7539F3_zps

795621E4-2ACA-4ECB-AE73-CAD058DA42B2_zps

5DAAE4DE-A83D-4F3C-A578-AD08063D48F8_zps

63D3678D-994F-431F-A46B-A354E5917994_zps

3396D478-68C3-4C26-931A-6DABDB93A263_zps

and a couple of post-soak fit pictures Over the course of last year...

E24078B4-B2D7-404F-BB51-2242EFFBEA35_zps

48A779BD-ACC0-4522-8950-B9A38A3CF0FC_zps

AC538459-E06C-4F92-8676-002507FFB452_zps

IMG_4065_zps88tjmyh3.jpg

IMG_4066_zpsadnvvzyi.jpg

IMG_4083_zpseojbti67.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

no word of a lie here guys but i am in love right now with that jacket.  i have been emailing the owner  and he seems to be a great fucking guy, speedy replies and very easy going.  it's a bit expensive but he is a one man show.  again, i just love that boxy fit.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:41 PM, MJF9 said:

How did the sizing pre- and post- shrink compare to BBM's size charts?

On 2/4/2018 at 7:07 PM, heavydoom said:

foxy dude.  what size did you get in that jacket?  i just had a chat with echan and he seems like a real nice guy.  i may end up getting a 40 for a fitted look or the 42 for a looser look and for layering.  

did find time to take a closer look at the measurements...didn't take pre-soak measurements, but here are the post-soak ones:

Chest 44.1 inches
BC Length 23.2 inches
Seat (hem) 42.5 inches
Sleeve Length 24.0 inches

a couple of comments - I haven't pressed or ironed my jacket after the soak/wash and I haven't worn it much, yet - so there will be extra length in the crinkly fabric and certainly some stretch - the chest measurement is tricky as the design has pleats in the front and the back which allow for up to 48 inches - statistically speaking, I don't know if my jacket and the way I soak/wash is in any way representative for the average BBM jacket or how you wash or wear them...

comparing my measurements to BBM's target size chart I think that Chest and Back Length measurements are spot on.

critical measurements are waist hem and sleeve length - the sleeve length is fine with me but it is currently shorter than the chart - I believe the sleeves could be stretched when wet to match the chart, if necessary - the hem is also narrower than the chart, which is not a problem for me - also, the design should not require one to close the last button at the hem.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:47 AM, jigsaw said:

that tripleads jackets look very interesting and all the single stitch construction had me in " i want to know more"

I think he is using also a double needle machine...

On 6/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, Foxy2 said:

I think he is using also a double needle machine...

oops yes for sure he is using a double needle on it but do they use any chain stitch other then the hem? 

Edited by jigsaw
typo

9 hours ago, heavydoom said:

hey foxy, is the arm opening very tight?  if so that would be perfect in case the sleeve length is too long then at least the sleeves can rest on my wrist.  

don't have it with me today, but IIRC they have a 24cm circumference buttoned up.
(please keep in mind that sleeve length and shoulder length together will determine if the sleeve is too short or not.)

can't decide if I like it buttoned up or open better - both work for me...

Edited by Foxy2

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

oops yes for sure his using a double needle on it but do they use any chain stitch other then the hem? 

no visible chain stitch (double or single) on the jacket/blouse - only hem on the jeans, but he does lock/chain stitch hems on request...