Flathead F310 (barely seen)

"casioak" : face scratched on third day due to non traditional g shock design!

20210124_153626.jpg

Omega-Geneve.jpg

Omega Geneve today, just put a new strap on.

The jeans are LVC 1944s

Edited by generic_guy
Words

Last pickup for a while, possibly all 2021 :D Really happy with the 39.5mm sizing, I have no idea why this isn't more popular. Only thing I'd change is more quick adjusts on the sliding clasp

IMG_2264.jpg

Omega FTW

E1A50ADC-2969-4148-B4B8-7ED35E44455B.jpeg

3 hours ago, JDelage said:

Omega FTW

As much as I love Rolex (and Seiko), if I tried Omega much earlier I would've saved much time and effort over the past few years...:tongue:

That said, my Sub Date is still my favorite of my watches, but my PO will be taking daily duty moving forward!

The Sub is a classic for a reason. One thing I enjoy with the Seamaster is that it doesn't catch on the sleeves. It's not too high ad it's nicely profiled. This is the case for the Sub too of course.

Bought a new strap, was originally to smarten up an old Tag Heuer but thought it was so nice when it arrived I decided to try on the Omega.

Omega-Dynamic-Racing-Strap.jpg

Damn, @Broark coming in HOT with the Sub.

12 hours ago, Broark said:

I've got a new contribution for this thread. Photos aren't nearly as nice as @aho but I tried. :D
0ZvVwnq.jpg

There it is!!!

9 hours ago, persco_ said:

Something a little on the vintage side. 1670 GMT circa 1970.

Photo 2021-02-07, 11 18 18.jpg

I mean damn...

Recently changed the strap,

imo...looks way better then bracelet.

PXL_20210208_062041415.thumb.jpg.d4927f6f6b7b44f99846c4b9a6aa9a7b.jpg

Denim adjacent M-43 Jacket with the PO 

IMG_2848.jpg

Tudor Black Bay 58

CA756ED8-F7F6-47BD-B4BA-77B653312AED.jpeg

D084B1EF-3672-463A-A38D-A1E89DD5B97D.thumb.JPG.773272f0fc406b8e7a4de22ed99c11e2.JPG

Fun kickstarter type brand out of Kyoto called KUOE. Inspired by vintage British watches, these are mostly 35mm with 100m WR and screw down crown (Seiko auto movement). Hoping they get popular and start getting wild with local artisans (Kyoto ceramic dials would be insane)

That looks great aho, thanks for the heads up.

Any experience with Vague Watch Co.? Really like the look of the Vabble. Seems like the cases are outsourced; the movements are from Japan, but it’s not clear to me who makes them…

Always open to suggestions for other mechanical watches (preferably auto) in ~30 mm cases / with this general form factor—the options seem to be very slim

I've never heard of Vague so I don't know where they might be made, but Orient and Seiko (Japanese companies) both make lower-priced watches for third-parties (but likely not actually made in Japan). 30mm is on the small side for a watch by modern standards, so the options are going to be a little limited. I think William at Tender has quite a good collection of mechanicals in this style-(ish?) around the size you're looking for.

https://www.tenderstores.com/product-category/watches/

Otherwise, I'd seek out vintage where you will have a very good range of choice for good prices in watches of that diameter.

Try also taking a look at Watchrecon for what's available in the secondary market.

Thanks @persco_. My current daily is the Black-Out Complete Watch from GS/TP, and that's just about the perfect case size (and style) for me, so you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm on the lookout for something a little more formal-feeling, which is where the Vague may come in.

Any tips on where to start hunting for vintage?

I'd take a look at vintage Omega Seamasters -- like the pie pan dials. They're around the size you're interested in (maybe a touch bigger at 34mm). You could also pick up a small vintage Rolex for a good price (relative to the prices for larger sport models). Search Watchrecon (link above) and you'll get a good idea of what's for sale and where. Omega Forums is a good place to get started on what to look for. The vintage market is also filled with a lot of frankenwatches. 

My brother-in-law bought 2 vintage Longines (50s and 60s I think) with small cases a couple of years ago for very reasonable prices. Might be worth looking at that brand.

That's a big crown on that watch.