3 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

^ finally a watch I really like

Cheers muchly. 

14 hours ago, unders said:

Dunhill with TCB seamen’s and LVC shacket 

C5D80A97-BD01-4BFB-8C7D-69363258311F.thumb.jpeg.9a11e892cba94b4d966d47663c9a918b.jpeg

That was my grail watch in the early 90's. I love the facetted face.

16 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

^ finally a watch I really like

bruh...:laugh2:

Good stuff though, @unders 

Edited by aho

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@aho what makes you reach for this one over the sub-date?

To be honest, I'm just a bit too precious with the Sub, whereas I don't mind beating up on the Pelagos. That said, I do enjoy the modern tool aesthetic of the Pelagos for daily wear. Can't go wrong with either of course!

How is the durability on the titanium case? I know titanium as material is pretty durable, but how about scratch resistance? I had the impression that it is a bit softer than ss, but maybe the matte finish does a good job of hiding scratches.

1 hour ago, Quoise1203 said:

How is the durability on the titanium case? I know titanium as material is pretty durable, but how about scratch resistance? I had the impression that it is a bit softer than ss, but maybe the matte finish does a good job of hiding scratches.

So far so good; Funny enough I do already have scratches on the steel clasp whereas the titanium case and bracelet are doing alright. Though it may be easier to pick up surface scratches with titanium, from my understanding it's really just the oxidized layer on top, which can be "rubbed" out with an eraser. Will check back in a couple months though :biggrin:

Is that an JDM @aho? It’s quite affordable, no? How do you like it? Quality ok?

I’m quite a enamoured with the looks myself...

17 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

Is that an JDM @aho? It’s quite affordable, no? How do you like it? Quality ok?

I’m quite a enamoured with the looks myself...

Yup it's the SZEV012, they made a few variants all loosely based Sub homages from the 60's-70's, but I'm enjoying it a ton! That said, don't expect much in the way of quality, it definitely feels it's price, with weaknesses of poor lume, non-click bidirectional friction bezel, and I personally wish it was more around the 39mm size like OG subs. 

Thanks for that @aho had a quick look online but couldn’t find any reviews and trust your judgment.

Bought this Seiko two weeks ago, searched all over the place to find something along the specs this Seiko has. Was set on a few, and after a bit more research and thinking they weren,t the ones. My budget went from 200 to 4000 euro, made all kind of good reasons to justify the prices. Until reality kicked in. For my cashflow situation this Seiko is still on the steep side of pricing, but I could still pay my bills and buy groceries.

and my neighbor jeweler gave a good deal. Very happy with it

8A41E206-E080-4058-A98E-5E58C6BB5802.jpeg

I was gifted this 14855A6F-5FFC-4A68-A742-239951812481.thumb.jpeg.cb4a5c06b593fd09caa2d51c3d81d32a.jpegearly 80s Seiko watch recently. The green color burst dial kind of reminds me of the burst colors on guitars (like a nicer looking Antigua) and the smaller size is a nice change from my usual watches. It’s also got English and Japanese days. 

Insane...Enjoy it, such a rare thing to come across! Hopefully the battery didn't corrode inside :X

What i wear between my daily beater, the SXK007J and my dressier Raymond Weil 

Nixon time teller on a nato 

With TCB and RMC 

20201121_124155.thumb.jpg.0c63b3620371fbc3968f84c4ba89b18d.jpg