1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@aho what makes you reach for this one over the sub-date?

To be honest, I'm just a bit too precious with the Sub, whereas I don't mind beating up on the Pelagos. That said, I do enjoy the modern tool aesthetic of the Pelagos for daily wear. Can't go wrong with either of course!

1 hour ago, Quoise1203 said:

How is the durability on the titanium case? I know titanium as material is pretty durable, but how about scratch resistance? I had the impression that it is a bit softer than ss, but maybe the matte finish does a good job of hiding scratches.

So far so good; Funny enough I do already have scratches on the steel clasp whereas the titanium case and bracelet are doing alright. Though it may be easier to pick up surface scratches with titanium, from my understanding it's really just the oxidized layer on top, which can be "rubbed" out with an eraser. Will check back in a couple months though :biggrin:

17 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

Is that an JDM @aho? It’s quite affordable, no? How do you like it? Quality ok?

I’m quite a enamoured with the looks myself...

Yup it's the SZEV012, they made a few variants all loosely based Sub homages from the 60's-70's, but I'm enjoying it a ton! That said, don't expect much in the way of quality, it definitely feels it's price, with weaknesses of poor lume, non-click bidirectional friction bezel, and I personally wish it was more around the 39mm size like OG subs. 

• 1 month later...

Bought this Seiko two weeks ago, searched all over the place to find something along the specs this Seiko has. Was set on a few, and after a bit more research and thinking they weren,t the ones. My budget went from 200 to 4000 euro, made all kind of good reasons to justify the prices. Until reality kicked in. For my cashflow situation this Seiko is still on the steep side of pricing, but I could still pay my bills and buy groceries.

and my neighbor jeweler gave a good deal. Very happy with it

8A41E206-E080-4058-A98E-5E58C6BB5802.jpeg

I was gifted this 14855A6F-5FFC-4A68-A742-239951812481.thumb.jpeg.cb4a5c06b593fd09caa2d51c3d81d32a.jpegearly 80s Seiko watch recently. The green color burst dial kind of reminds me of the burst colors on guitars (like a nicer looking Antigua) and the smaller size is a nice change from my usual watches. It’s also got English and Japanese days. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@discworkI really like it. It’s a strange anomaly in that it can do both tool and dress pretty well. Check out the #longinessector posts on insta; there’s some good examples of it dressed up there. It’s kind of ironic that this piece is probably what I would wear in dressier situations, and has the least polished steel surfaces of the 3 here. In fact only the case back is polished, and the rest is nicely brushed. 

I have just a couple minor quibbles so far;   I forgot how noisy the 289X based movements can be. They also seem less solid somehow. Like if you tap the case you can hear it. Kind of hard to describe. That’s pretty minor though. Other thing is the 30m water resist. I’m never going to go swimming or anything with a leather strapped watch, but I always appreciate a bit more towards the “what if”. I just can’t understand how they couldn’t have gotten a bit more out of it. I’ve read some stuff on the dink about how 30m is plenty, blah blah blah. While I do agree, I guess I just get nervous with a snap on caseback, and push-in crown. 

Other than that, it’s great so far. Perfect size for me. I find myself drawn to that space of 38-39mm lately. The dial is also something special in person. 

Edited by SuperJackle

46 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

I love a good bracelet actually, but aside from Tudor I haven’t found a super comfortable one. But for the club I actually considered it! My concern was the long lugs would have it sit too far away from the case

Yea there is a gap but overall it is very well made and quirky and Nomos. And comfortable!

PXL_20201029_173452643.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Edited by goodrain

• 3 weeks later...