Wearing the 36mm Date just made me realize how much more comfortable smaller watches are. One of my favorites now, can't beat the price with a stick, wish it had barometric pressure readings and I would be set as far as work watches. 

20190123_122704_resized.jpg

Longines steel calatrava against my Stevenson 727s. I was NOT planning on buying any more watches for a long time, but when I got the opportunity to snag this one I couldn't say no. Most collectors favor these with sector dials and/or arabic numerals, but I'm a huge fan of how closely this one mimics the applied baton index dials Patek was putting on the original reference 96 around the same era (1930s-40s).

Edit - cant get uploading to work, despite using a properly sized jpeg...

Edit - There it is!

IMG_112522222.jpg

Edited by STINGER93

On 1/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, aho said:

Brand new from an AD stateside...Timeless Luxury Watches, they recently had a batch of old stock/original dial GSs’ for sale apparently the last stock straight from the manufacturer. Was mindblown they even had any given it’s been almost two years since the dial change. I’ve somehow come full circle; When I bought the titanium version (SBGA031) it was my grail and I always wished I could get an 029 in steel (the watch shown) as a daily beater. I’ve gone through most all Seiko divers since then and ended up with the 029 after all. Everything else seems moot now so I plan on selling off the others. 

That, and GS is likely to release a new diver at Basel in a few months lol

Was it the Timeless Luxury in Atlanta?

On 1/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, unorthodox said:

Was it the Timeless Luxury in Atlanta?

Not sure if they have an Atlanta location, but it's Texas only as far as I know:

https://timelessluxwatches.com/

Dan and Anna are a pleasure to work with, I'd vouch for them any day (responsive e-mails outside business hours, quick to the point and treat regulars well)

13 hours ago, aho said:

Not sure if they have an Atlanta location, but it's Texas only as far as I know:

https://timelessluxwatches.com/

Dan and Anna are a pleasure to work with, I'd vouch for them any day (responsive e-mails outside business hours, quick to the point and treat regulars well)

Yeah appears to be different than the Timeless in Atlanta. 

Thanks for the recommendation!

Panerai 587

Fullcount 1101

291F5309-D399-485C-9B83-8D23898D8770.jpeg

^So good! Really loved the Submersible series shown at SIHH, looking forward to whatever else they release this year as well. Would like a Panerai as my next luxury watch purchase, but don't have plans for a big purchase for a few years yet. Also big fan of Norwegian Wood, brings back some good memories of my years in Japan  

MM300 again...I'm planning to sell, but so far am having trouble doing so as it's been through so much with me. Ultimately it's too large and I should peel the bandaid but what can you do

Edited by aho

^ Just finished reading Murakami's 'Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World'.  What a great book.

The Panerai is huge at 47mm.  Despite the size, I love the simple, two-hand design with sandwich dial and manual wind movement.

I have that fantasy of getting one of the 8-day Panerais, probably the most basic 560, especially if I can find one with the sandwich dial..;.

^ That's a great choice.  Tough to find those first year editions with the sandwich dial.  While I love the sandwich, the current painted dials are very nice too.  Big, bold numerals with lots of lume.  The current brown dialed 560 and 564 are great, as is the earlier 176 with a black dial.

IMG_3834.JPG

Seiko SLA019 on triple denim...

B19D4AE2-A7D3-4F84-9223-667BB3B9AE39.jpeg

Happy Valentines Day. 

PBJ

Patagonia

Bogs

Seiko SKX009J

FF5B4B3B-3AD3-479A-9EF9-844E117F0E9C.jpeg

Not for everyone but a recent pickup and I love it. I suddenly feel like I could be a one watch guy:biggrin: [not really though...maybe minimum 3]

2849472E-6691-4851-BAE2-9E966C30C7E9.jpeg

Cafe con leche at the ol dog park

TCB

Patagonia 

C46C2028-CDDA-454C-9C81-8A180A2E2E57.jpeg

On 2/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, Nei.Nor said:

Not for everyone but a recent pickup and I love it. I suddenly feel like I could be a one watch guy:biggrin: [not really though...maybe minimum 3]

2849472E-6691-4851-BAE2-9E966C30C7E9.jpeg

grail!

Posted (edited)

I picked up a couple of the Supreme Nato (seatbelt type fabric) straps from Crown and Buckle and quite like the look of this khaki one on my Black Bay

A3C051C3-0094-4707-809F-67F73147FE5C.jpeg

Edited by Quoise1203

Grandpas Tissot from the ‘60s(?) and TCB60’s. It needs a new bracelet, I’m thinking light grey suede? Any tips?

image.jpg

^nice! what's the sweater/shirt? the cuff has a really interesting texture. Sorry to derail

...or some serious pilling issues!

Thanks @rodeo bill it’s a Norse projects Niels towelling long sleeve tshirt.

14000m Air King

Samurai S511BK

This is why I love the glossy black Rolex dials so much - they do ridiculous things in direct sunlight

0080DE0A-158E-4E4D-BD64-04FF59FAF82D.jpeg

On 3/3/2019 at 3:31 AM, Spiraltoy said:

Grandpas Tissot from the ‘60s(?) and TCB60’s. It needs a new bracelet, I’m thinking light grey suede? Any tips?

image.jpg

https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/collections/leather/products/fluco-suede-leather-light-grey

Nomos also makes a pretty nice suede strap in different lengths

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/straps/velour-leather

Thanks @goodrain. That Nomos one looks good and they have it in 19mm small which is what I need. It’s in Europe as well so no import fees and such. 

Strike Gold jacket, Samurai S710xx, 3Sixteen anniversary flannel, Junkers watch w/color 8 cordovan bracelet :)

3EE57425-F183-4B9D-9633-B7801E59FC16.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Love the Junkers!

My sk007 over some tcb 60s and vintage Patagonia

IMG_20190308_154515.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

Oh, that’s my dream watch @SmokeStackLightning! That or a 62mas.