• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Huh? what the hell are you guys talking about at the top of the page... what's AD? :blush2:

AD is watch-speak for "authorized dealer".  Basically a retailer which is authorized by the brand to sell current year watches.

Okay I'm now officially too fat to wear any of my jeans. But I can still wear a watch! (with a little adjustment for my now much larger wrist)

I'm not a hardcore collector like some the other posters, (I'm looking at you @aho) but these are the ones I wear the most.

1) Oldie but goodie, Seiko SNA413. I've had this for 20 years and it got its first service last week.

2) Grand Seiko SBGA229, sort of my daily beater for about the past 3 years.

3) Grand Seiko SBGJ237, I always wanted a GMT and I've always wanted a Hi-beat movement. There you go.

424164696_SeikoSNA413.thumb.jpg.130e9222875acd42b47a5431a7ed8d43.jpg

947973285_GrandSeikoSBGA229.thumb.jpg.01bed0bebce4ea44e1e4402dcc08c820.jpg

367143594_GrandSeikoSBGJ237.thumb.jpg.c7a51911d540443a711a68991de4978e.jpg

2 hours ago, goodrain said:

one luxury watch every 2 months

I'm gonna guess that you are doing/have done very well in the stock/crypto market

Wish that were the case! :laugh2: 

The good thing about watches (or at least the hype pieces I buy into) is that they'll relatively hold their value long term, and sometimes gain (ie: Rolex). The truth is they're not all keepers but it's fun to experience them, especially when I've built the relationships that enable access to some of the harder pieces to get. 

4 hours ago, goodrain said:

I'm gonna guess that you are doing/have done very well in the stock/crypto market

I'm going to start making my better posts into NFT's.. registering them on the blockchain and selling them off to forum n00bs who want to sound more knowledgeable :D

I'll be rich! rich i tell's ya!!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

9 hours ago, aho said:

Wish that were the case! :laugh2: 

The good thing about watches (or at least the hype pieces I buy into) is that they'll relatively hold their value long term, and sometimes gain (ie: Rolex). The truth is they're not all keepers but it's fun to experience them, especially when I've built the relationships that enable access to some of the harder pieces to get. 

That makes sense. What other watches are you looking to get? You are mostly a Rolex guy, right? Won't be messing with stuff like AP?

7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I'm going to start making my better posts into NFT's.. registering them on the blockchain and selling them off to forum n00bs who want to sound more knowledgeable :D

I'll be rich! rich i tell's ya!!

Your next "better post" will be your first FOREEL :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...