• 4 weeks later...

OG = colloquial term for "original gangster" (or "old guard" in my book) referring to the original "SEIKO" dial!

Recent pick up; new 34mm Oyster Perpetual:A4D0DECF-C4CF-43E3-AE76-C45B2E3A0842-11568-000005A0C7153850.thumb.JPG.4d89ff85f0d67eb0de0e9ab40d1523c3.JPG

These were actually slimmed down in 2020 from the last gen which was closer to a 35mm. These are decidedly smaller at near 31mm but I wanted to go all in on a smaller size this time around. Couldn't be happier. Of note, the new 34s feature a Syloxi (silicon) hairspring which is a first for steel models (was only used in Pearlmaster and Yachtmaster models prior) and are non-magnetic among other properties. 

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@aho nice pickup! Still feel like 36mm is the best size for this watch but the double batons are such an eyesore compared to this one.

Agree, I'd recommend the 36 for most as the new 34 really does wear smaller than even the photo shows (but something I 100% was going for). That said, I personally prefer the single sticks as well! 

11 hours ago, aho said:

OG = colloquial term for "original gangster" (or "old guard" in my book) referring to the original "SEIKO" dial!

Recent pick up; new 34mm Oyster Perpetual:A4D0DECF-C4CF-43E3-AE76-C45B2E3A0842-11568-000005A0C7153850.thumb.JPG.4d89ff85f0d67eb0de0e9ab40d1523c3.JPG

These were actually slimmed down in 2020 from the last gen which was closer to a 35mm. These are decidedly smaller at near 31mm but I wanted to go all in on a smaller size this time around. Couldn't be happier. Of note, the new 34s feature a Syloxi (silicon) hairspring which is a first for steel models (was only used in Pearlmaster and Yachtmaster models prior) and are non-magnetic among other properties. 

Lovely. I've been searching for a 39mm OP black stick for a couple of months, but the Rolex market is so screwy right now. I've decided to wait for the madness to calm down (if it ever does). I got a PAM 915 instead. But I do love that OP black dial. So simple and beautiful.

Really like the look of the OP aho, I’ve been enjoying my Sub quite a lot and wearing it daily. 
I don’t know if I’ll ever dip my toes into Rolex again though, at least not in the current market. It’s bonkers. I would like to get a rhodium dial/white gold jubilee bracelet DateJust one day. I’ve been looking at Grand Seiko a lot lately too.

Edited by Broark

10 hours ago, persco_ said:

Lovely. I've been searching for a 39mm OP black stick for a couple of months, but the Rolex market is so screwy right now. I've decided to wait for the madness to calm down (if it ever does). I got a PAM 915 instead. But I do love that OP black dial. So simple and beautiful.

I feel you, the 39's were such a sweet spot for most, it's a shame they got rid of it (even if the new 41's fit fairly similarly). Good stuff with the PAM though!

10 hours ago, Broark said:

Really like the look of the OP aho, I’ve been enjoying my Sub quite a lot and wearing it daily. 
I don’t know if I’ll ever dip my toes into Rolex again though, at least not in the current market. It’s bonkers. I would like to get a rhodium dial/white gold jubilee bracelet DateJust one day. I’ve been looking at Grand Seiko a lot lately too.

Good thing is you don't really need anything else with that Sub as a daily :D

I wish I had the wrists for GS, but ultimately I had to move on since the sizing just didn't work out for me. At this point I'm looking at the 34-38mm max range and there aren't too many GS options within that. Owned the SBGR053 which was a black sunray 37mm, but was a bit too thick and no screw down crown so I passed it on 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, goodrain said:

Why was it necessary to get both? I guess the fact that you can wear them and still sell them for more than retail was part of it?

I'm afraid my rationalization is entirely idiosyncratic and won't make sense to anyone else :D

To put it simply, the Submariner is my favorite watch, and I've always wanted both a date and non date iteration. I do intend to keep both and have no interest in selling!

40 minutes ago, aho said:

I'm afraid my rationalization is entirely idiosyncratic and won't make sense to anyone else :D

To put it simply, the Submariner is my favorite watch, and I've always wanted both a date and non date iteration. I do intend to keep both and have no interest in selling!

Makes sense! And I guess with the update this year there are plenty of other small differences as you pointed out in your IG post. 

15 hours ago, evisu 2000 said:

so little omega love in this thread:unsure2:

Funny you should say that because I'm fantasizing about the newly announced De Ville Tresor these days...

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-de-ville-tresor-co-axial-master-chronometer-small-seconds-40-mm-43553402111002

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-de-ville-tresor-co-axial-master-chronometer-small-seconds-40-mm-43553402110001

I wear a Seamaster 300M a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

New watch day, here with the Tender light weight crossweave from a couple year back - perfect pants for our >80F day here in Seattle!

IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

Edited by JDelage

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think about this piece? Reissue of the original chronomaster. Manual wound sellita bi compax movt, no faux lume, actually very impressed with the quality. Wears pretty much like a vintage piece in terms of sizing, though I believe the bezel is 39mm across. Still trying to decide to keep or not, thus the sticker still on the crystal. Dial is pretty damn small. 

7D8F70BC-976F-4FA9-8D2C-096096CE883C.jpeg

DA83D75A-9F4D-4727-AD6C-64C3D51BB045.jpeg

6ECEAA49-09AF-49D7-9569-CEC01102EA36.jpeg

Edited by SuperJackle