3 hours ago, Flash said:

I've got more watches than I should have , I'm not a blingy person

I share this sentiment too! It’s why I gravitated toward the simple black bay. 95% of people I encounter will never know what the hell it is or ever care for that matter. It’s kind of a sleeper and I like it that way. 

If I ever spent big money on a watch(granted a Tudor isn’t exactly small money), it would probably be for a grand seiko. It’s amazing that in the watch circles, many feel that they just can’t spend “Rolex money” on something that has Seiko on the dial. I’d do it for just that reason; so if anyone were to ask about my watch, I could say it’s just a seiko and avoid any scorn associated with high consumption. Meanwhile only I know that it’s truly a masterpiece inside and out, and no one needs to understand zaratsu polishing etc. Kinda like everyone else just thinks I’m wearing Levi’s and I like it that way.

One day I’ll have that spring drive :)

10 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

I share this sentiment too! It’s why I gravitated toward the simple black bay. 95% of people I encounter will never know what the hell it is or ever care for that matter. It’s kind of a sleeper and I like it that way. 

If I ever spent big money on a watch(granted a Tudor isn’t exactly small money), it would probably be for a grand seiko. It’s amazing that in the watch circles, many feel that they just can’t spend “Rolex money” on something that has Seiko on the dial. I’d do it for just that reason; so if anyone were to ask about my watch, I could say it’s just a seiko and avoid any scorn associated with high consumption. Meanwhile only I know that it’s truly a masterpiece inside and out, and no one needs to understand zaratsu polishing etc. Kinda like everyone else just thinks I’m wearing Levi’s and I like it that way.

One day I’ll have that spring drive :)

Funny I got into watches due to the Japan connection (via Seiko and Grand Seiko); Eventually I've sold off all of my Grand Seiko's and shifted to Rolex because they wear on my smaller wrist much better. Not knocking GS, but they haven't made the diver I'm looking for yet (and I've owned them all unfortuantely)...Biased due to my smaller wrist of course.

22 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

@aho wow no more GS then huh? Well I guess the sub is as classic as it gets when it comes to divers. 

Am considering buying another 9F GMT (SBGN003) as a quartz go-to, but am happy sticking with mothership Seiko for japanese divers at this point! The new SLGA Spring Drive diver released this year looks insane, but again way too big...

I'm convinced that a smaller Pelagos is coming out though, and if it does I'll actually just buy that lol

True, Basel is dead. With all the recent releases (Watches and Wonders + brands releasing watches anyway the past couple days), I sort of hope Rolex/Tudor show their novelties soon and not wait another year till whatever the new event is called. They never said outright that they would wait, but a lot of the blogs/media jumped to that conclusion (more of a "postponed until further notice" than "cancelled this year"). Just wishful thinking though, I shouldn't be buying watches either way lol

First time I've worn a watch since the lockdown began 

20200501_101241

It's a nice watch I really should wear it more . Hopefully I'll finally make the decision to sell the Tudor 

20200501_103928

Edited by Flash

Just ran across this short three part series on Grand Seiko from a few years ago on Youtube (done by Hodinkee), essential viewing for any GS fans here..
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ItWFMVx1xLFyjBNHW0CA3gwIjiuzl3h

Best thing about it was Kenny dressed every day like he was going to work on a building site , the only time I ever seen him looking decent was at a cousins wedding . Good guy and a really hard worker,  came to Belfast in the early 80's ( bad time to come here ) got a job on the docks and ended up opening a load of Chinese restaurants 

There's a swanky gold watch in the bureau at my folks house.. (no idea what brand) my dad got it as a retirement gift, it's never been out the box.. if he wears any watch it stops within 4hrs (sometimes 4mins)  doesn't matter if it's wind'up or battery, cheap or expensive... so he's never worn one, he might be some kind of timelord..

7 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I know jack shit about watches so correct me if i'm wrong but wern't the British army watches (W.W.W) made by Omega? 'The Dirty Dozen'

There are collectibles from a good few brands under contract for the MOD I'm not sure about Omega as W.W.W. 
I saved some detailed articles in this a while back. Will see if I can find them.