On 11/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, Flash said:

Selling this Tudor black bay if anyone is interested please pm me  ( older rose model , not in production anymore) 

20191123_111832

Comes complete with box , papers , extra links and the original tudor nato strap 

I'm looking for £2300 plus postage 

:ph34r: take advantage of the weak £ ;)

I’m open to sensible offers 

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

If I can’t get it sold in the next week or so I’m gonna bring it to a jewelers I know in town and sell it on consignment , don’t want to but ??? 

I know that feeling =/ It's a beautiful watch but I'm not at a stage in my life where I need something like this just yet. Best of luck with the sale! =)

On 12/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, SuperJackle said:

Anyone know of any high quality leather straps with quick release springbars? I tried Barton, and though the quality was okay, it turns out I need 21mm which they don’t make. 

I'm no watch band expert by any means, but try poking around on IG. There are many leather workers making watch bands and it seems IG is a good platform for makers like that to get exposure. I seem to recall at least one maker doing a decent strap w/ quick release pins, but can't recall who. Also try Etsy. Amazon has a tons of crap bands. I think if you want to go the route of quick release pins, you might be limited as tot range of quality available. Also, with a leather strap you should be able to go with a 22mm band and squeeze it between the lugs. 

On 12/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, SuperJackle said:

Anyone know of any high quality leather straps with quick release springbars? I tried Barton, and though the quality was okay, it turns out I need 21mm which they don’t make. 

https://www.bandrbands.com/21mm-watch-bands.aspx

On 12/7/2019 at 8:11 AM, SuperJackle said:

The Horse here in Australia makes decent quick-release leather straps, although they're 20mm. The price has doubled since I first bought one, but they seem in line with other offerings... about USD $35

I've had two of the veg tan – the first has aged to where I want it so I started another – and one black; I swap them between a Longines and Seiko Bellmatic

https://www.thehorse.com.au/products/theoriginal-veg-tan-leather-strap-stainless-steel-strap

Edited by mondo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you guys think of the size on this BB41? I just received this today and was concerned that it would wear large, since the consensus from 90% of watch enthusiasts seem to think the BB36 is objectively better in every way. My wrist is about 7” and I think the watch wears exactly how I want it to. I’ve seen some other pics of people with the same size wrists wearing the 41 and it seems to wear bigger. 

I actually ordered from japan last week, and at first was a little unhappy that they chose to ship with DHL, since that guarantees getting hit with customs/duty apparently. But since japan post stopped accepting US bound packages, I’m glad it turned out that way. Shipped Thursday, received today.  

Please excuse finger prints on the polished bezel!

CB8AC2AA-C6C3-4A16-803E-A74B8DAD4AEB.jpeg

9D8D13BF-D4AC-4AB1-8391-5BE9F093CF19.jpeg

Looks like a good modern size/fit! I personally prefer smaller, but I have smaller wrists to begin with...

MM300 w/Ooe:

Also I sold out and went Rolex a couple months back. No denim in this shot, but M-1943 to keep it somewhat adjacent:

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Very nice watch @SuperJackle. I must admit that since lockdown began, I’ve stopped wearing a watch completely!

Me too 

I've got more watches than I should have , I'm not a blingy person and I don't earn the money to justify spending it on watches 

As it stands I have 

Tudor black bay 

Omega railmaster 

Rolex date just 

The last two were given to me by my father in law before he passed but I think about selling the black bay all the time 

I probably have a different attitude towards swanky watches, they're far too ostentatious for my taste..if they manage to tell the time they've succeeded in being a watch, beyond that, save it for the golf course :D but i do appreciate that i'll be in a minority in the "watches" thread...

Out of interest do folks take them off at night and choose what watch they wear in the morning? only having the one watch, I never take it off..unless it needs a replacement battery.

..as i say, i do wear a watch, ive worn it every single day since 1996, this Tag Heuer worn with RMC Military sweat and WH 2001XX, it just needs a new battery every 3-4yrs and a service from Tag every 10yrs, it gets covered crap at work, but being stainless i just pick it off with my thumb nail.. i don't see the point in buying anything else while ever this one still tells the time.

49828992668_3974104a29_b.jpg

When i finished my appreticeship i celebrated by buying 2x Tag watches, one for me, one for my then girlfriend (now wife) i think they were around £900 each in 1996 she's never taken her's off either...it's the only watch she owns.. this version.

https://www.collectorsquare.com/images/products/352640/00pp-tag-heuer-aquaracer-lady-watch-in-stainless-steel-circa-1990.jpg