My latest (last for a long time) acquisition, 9F GMT:

Waiting on shipment, but got to try it on while travelling in NY. If you have any doubts about Grand Seiko, you won't after seeing one of these in person. Even QUARTZ...

My wife got me the Longines Heritage Legend diver for a birthday / anniversary gift. A nice change of pace from the black bay. This watch is absolutely beautiful, and a great steal @1600 new. And it has the same movement as my Black Bay (pre in house movement)!

I really want a vintage JLC memovox, but can’t justify it at the moment. This gives the same feel at a fraction of the price.

The best part about this thing is the sapphire crystal rises vertically from the sides of the case for a few millimeters, giving this super thick but still minimalist look.

F1A52F5B-C3CA-4818-A62F-AFADE2E6C41D.jpeg

E17AEF3B-9C0A-4B4E-8093-61B45CE51E37.jpeg

This is is what I mean about the crystal. Easily gives the watch a few mm of thickness without making it look thick. 

57F4E20B-3879-4E4D-82BE-75C9DF23CAA4.jpeg

Edited by Quoise1203
Add pic

On 6/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, emgee420 said:

Other than the bezel being slightly misaligned, I love the watch. 

How can the bezel be misaligned? You know it turns, right?! Beautiful watch anyways!

8 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

How can the bezel be misaligned? You know it turns, right?! Beautiful watch anyways!

yes, I know it turns lol.

when I set the arrow at 12 and then turn the bezel right to hit the stop (since its unidirectional), it doesn't 100% line up. nonetheless its been on my wrist since I got it

IMG_1943.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rodeo bill said:

^lovely! is it vintage or the reissue? does the anchor wiggle?! great looking rice bracelet too.

Brand new. Rado did a reinterpretation of the classic captain cook in 37mm(aged lume etc)last year, and this year introduced a 42mm in several variations. This is the latter in blue dial on rado’s beads of rice bracelet. 

Yes the anchor swivels :)

• 1 month later...

Since I'm in this thread... question - is there a pilot's watch/flieger that has a decent water resistance, of at least 100m? It's been a while since I've been looking at watches, and I really like the simplicity of a pilot/flieger, but it seems they all have very low water resistance, 50m. 

Edited by mpukas

Yeah - water resistance typically isn't very high. My new Stowa has a push in crown, so I'm keeping it away from water. My IWC 3706 has a screw-in crown, but it's 17 years old, so I'm also keeping it away from water.

I'd feel comfortable swimming in any modern watch with a screw down crown, pilots included, and any modern dive watch with a push in crown (like the Rado Captain Cook).

Selling this Tudor black bay if anyone is interested please pm me  ( older rose model , not in production anymore) 

20191123_111832

Comes complete with box , papers , extra links and the original tudor nato strap 

I'm looking for £2300 plus postage 

:ph34r: take advantage of the weak £ ;)

10 minutes ago, Quoise1203 said:

Looks in way better shape than mine! Best of luck selling. Trading in for something else?

No mate , my father in law left me an omega railmaster and a Rolex datejust years ago and I have realized that I have no need for multiple watches . I wouldn’t part with the other ones so this one has to go