10 hours ago, goodrain said:

love the watch but not the strap choice

yeah I actually felt the same way you did - it's an old pic and I forgot about that strap. I've since thrown on an ostrich strap but hadn't taken a new pic but this gave me a good excuse to take one.

@rodeo bill backside isn't engraved or anything so it's still plain.

yi2juNb.jpg

rdN9RUi.jpg

huzwAa5.jpg

Seiko SNZF17, Strike Gold jacket, Fullcount 1108, Flat Head flannel :]

Got this for my birthday! I love my Junkers watch but it’s a little too classy looking for outfits that demand a more rugged watch. I’m probably never going to be much of a watch nerd, but I like this one a lot. 

BE67176D-44D5-4F19-8EB5-242F061F533C.jpeg

Full Counts and my Longines again, now on a dark green strap. Not a great shot of the jeans, but love how the light caught the watch.

I abruptly sold my Air King this week since I found an opportunity to snag an old sector dial Omega that was just too good to pass up. (That should be here Saturday...)

B5C00767-02D7-43CD-B075-43E92FE0A617.jpeg

6A80F717-2BC6-435E-874B-1BF5B41F717C.jpeg

Edited by STINGER93
Added one that actually captures the jeans

30s or 40s Omega calatrava, sector dial with Breguet numerals at 3, 9, 12 against my Roy Big Bro 2s

Below are all my calatrava-style watches - this has become something of an obsession of mine. I want to add an actual Calatrava (I.e. one made by Patek) but that’s a ways down the road.

8C66A6B5-1637-4801-9E70-9DB659A39E4C.jpeg

EA590656-D5D0-4BB8-8DBA-734A41EA75CE.jpeg

34 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

The far right one with the mesh style bracelet is very nice. 

Thanks! That’s an Ulysse Nardin, I posted a wrist shot a page or two back. I almost sold it, but then I got bracelet for it and that completely changed it. (It’s a modern generic beads of rice bracelet - one from the same era as the watch would’ve cost way too much).

7 hours ago, JDelage said:

What defines a calatrava style watch?

It’s the name for Patek Phillipe’s line of time-only dress watches. It’s a bit of a controversial term when applied to watches from other manufactures, but collectors will use it to refer to other Swiss time-only watches (often, but not necessarily manually wound ones) that have a similar case shape to Patek’s reference 96, 570, or 565 watches. This is a bit of a generalization but it’s what I would mean if I were to call a non-Patek watch a calatrava. That being said, the only true Calatravas are made by Patek Philippe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...