Longines steel calatrava against my Stevenson 727s. I was NOT planning on buying any more watches for a long time, but when I got the opportunity to snag this one I couldn't say no. Most collectors favor these with sector dials and/or arabic numerals, but I'm a huge fan of how closely this one mimics the applied baton index dials Patek was putting on the original reference 96 around the same era (1930s-40s).

Edit - cant get uploading to work, despite using a properly sized jpeg...

Edit - There it is!

IMG_112522222.jpg

Edited by STINGER93

On 1/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, aho said:

Brand new from an AD stateside...Timeless Luxury Watches, they recently had a batch of old stock/original dial GSs’ for sale apparently the last stock straight from the manufacturer. Was mindblown they even had any given it’s been almost two years since the dial change. I’ve somehow come full circle; When I bought the titanium version (SBGA031) it was my grail and I always wished I could get an 029 in steel (the watch shown) as a daily beater. I’ve gone through most all Seiko divers since then and ended up with the 029 after all. Everything else seems moot now so I plan on selling off the others. 

That, and GS is likely to release a new diver at Basel in a few months lol

Was it the Timeless Luxury in Atlanta?

On 1/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, unorthodox said:

Was it the Timeless Luxury in Atlanta?

Not sure if they have an Atlanta location, but it's Texas only as far as I know:

https://timelessluxwatches.com/

Dan and Anna are a pleasure to work with, I'd vouch for them any day (responsive e-mails outside business hours, quick to the point and treat regulars well)

13 hours ago, aho said:

Not sure if they have an Atlanta location, but it's Texas only as far as I know:

https://timelessluxwatches.com/

Dan and Anna are a pleasure to work with, I'd vouch for them any day (responsive e-mails outside business hours, quick to the point and treat regulars well)

Yeah appears to be different than the Timeless in Atlanta. 

Thanks for the recommendation!

^So good! Really loved the Submersible series shown at SIHH, looking forward to whatever else they release this year as well. Would like a Panerai as my next luxury watch purchase, but don't have plans for a big purchase for a few years yet. Also big fan of Norwegian Wood, brings back some good memories of my years in Japan  

MM300 again...I'm planning to sell, but so far am having trouble doing so as it's been through so much with me. Ultimately it's too large and I should peel the bandaid but what can you do

Edited by aho

^ Just finished reading Murakami's 'Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World'.  What a great book.

The Panerai is huge at 47mm.  Despite the size, I love the simple, two-hand design with sandwich dial and manual wind movement.

^ That's a great choice.  Tough to find those first year editions with the sandwich dial.  While I love the sandwich, the current painted dials are very nice too.  Big, bold numerals with lots of lume.  The current brown dialed 560 and 564 are great, as is the earlier 176 with a black dial.

IMG_3834.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 3:31 AM, Spiraltoy said:

Grandpas Tissot from the ‘60s(?) and TCB60’s. It needs a new bracelet, I’m thinking light grey suede? Any tips?

image.jpg

https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/collections/leather/products/fluco-suede-leather-light-grey

Nomos also makes a pretty nice suede strap in different lengths

https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/straps/velour-leather