39 minutes ago, Smallrod said:

That has been some of the feedback but this is my first go with a jubilee and I love it.  Much more comfortable than the oyster bracelet.  

I don't know if I can ever wear anything else again metal wise other than a jubilee after having and wearing mine. I think they look and feel great. 

When you forget you are wearing a watch because it's that comfortable, I consider that a great success. 

I used to prefer the look of jubilee bracelets over oyster, but I lean more towards the oyster bracelet now that I've lived with one for a while.

Took another photo of my Air-King (with a NATO band - which I haven't worn on a watch in a WHILE) to test out the camera on my iPhone XR. Jeans are my Fullcount 1009XX

IMG_0071.jpg

^Wish I could afford that problem! :P

With the rumored batman discontinuation though, I'd say hold out to see what's next. I'm not convinced they'd go coke to be honest, if anything they'll just migrate everything over to the new case/updated movement or do nothing at all. I still haven't seen the new pepsi in the flesh though, and batman's, etc. were pretty readily available for a while here in Chicago (if you know who to ask)

^I was under the impression that Rolex Passion Report has a fairly good track record? Of course a rumor is a rumor only until it's confirmed; Given all of the evidence that Rolex hasn't jumped the gun yet, it's likely we'll have another year supply, or at least maybe they ceased production and are now selling all the remaining stock? Funny, it was the modern Rolex model that made me love Rolex. I should've convinced myself to buy it when I had the chance if for nothing else turning a profit these two years later, but I hate this idea of watches as "investments". Interesting how readily available all of the steel sports models were just last year around these parts though and how quickly that changed.

9 hours ago, aho said:

^I was under the impression that Rolex Passion Report has a fairly good track record? Of course a rumor is a rumor only until it's confirmed; Given all of the evidence that Rolex hasn't jumped the gun yet, it's likely we'll have another year supply, or at least maybe they ceased production and are now selling all the remaining stock? Funny, it was the modern Rolex model that made me love Rolex. I should've convinced myself to buy it when I had the chance if for nothing else turning a profit these two years later, but I hate this idea of watches as "investments". Interesting how readily available all of the steel sports models were just last year around these parts though and how quickly that changed.

funny i was just thinking the other day..

i remember 5 years ago when i walked into a rolex dealer. back then, i was able to try on a half gold gmt, a sub date and no date and a deep sea before i made up my mind for a normal black steel gmt. right now, you'll be hard pressed to even find an explorer sitting on the display desk at all. Looking back, it was slight unlucky and wrong timing as the batman came out a few months later.. and i would've bet that those would've been sitting there waiting for me to get it too.. 

rolex vintage models is what got me into rolex. but as a first pair, i'd rather have the experience of brand new first before diving into the vintage world..

How do you like the Tudor? I could never get the Black Bay case to fit me right, with 6 inch wrists it's difficult in general, but I'm hoping Tudor sees the success of the BB58 and replicates it to the GMT line as well. That, and a blue 58 would be right up my alley...

GS/TP Goliath case cream Recorder dial, on a NOS woven strap, with Whooper Interstates:

IMG_6438.thumb.jpg.93a0d0877da7c43e94d77882d109fe9b.jpg

The case is 35mm diameter, so a lot larger than the 28mm GS/TP Frog cases, but still quite small. The narrow bezel, the deep cylindrical case, and the flat crystal, make it wear bigger, though. Really pleased with this one :-)

Edited by rodeo bill

Me either.

@aho - I love the Tudor. I've got a 7" wrist and it fits well. The thickness that everyone goes on about isn't a bother to me. I could do without the mirror finish on the sides of the case.

I get the 58's popularity, but much too much gilt for me.

19 hours ago, redragon said:

^

Picture not showing for me :huh:

sorry, tried again- the page crashed when I posted originally, hope this works! original photo should be fixed in the original post, and here's a bonus on a Tender wattle-tanned leather NATO:

IMG_6454.thumb.jpg.e580130c8d1dd790c2f582a0cd216d24.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill

Uhm.. how did I just find this thread and it's already on its 20th page!  Nice to see Sufu heads talking about watches.

2 hours ago, aho said:

Exit watch. ("probably" going to sell off most everything else)

That's a beautiful watch, you buy it new?  From a Japanese dealer?

Brand new from an AD stateside...Timeless Luxury Watches, they recently had a batch of old stock/original dial GSs’ for sale apparently the last stock straight from the manufacturer. Was mindblown they even had any given it’s been almost two years since the dial change. I’ve somehow come full circle; When I bought the titanium version (SBGA031) it was my grail and I always wished I could get an 029 in steel (the watch shown) as a daily beater. I’ve gone through most all Seiko divers since then and ended up with the 029 after all. Everything else seems moot now so I plan on selling off the others. 

That, and GS is likely to release a new diver at Basel in a few months lol