not sure if this more than a single watch (or a handful at best) - seems to have been a vintage watch with a new dial for some type of raffle/gift at Samurai with an entry on the Samurai blog...easy to google.

I saw this watch ages ago and really loved the look of the face but it disappeared before I could look into it and then recently it popped up on eBay so I went for it.

Really happy but the strap could be a bit longer.

I’ve paired it up with 2 other recent purchases: Pikes Brothers wabash shirt I got from American Classics and Warehouse denim I picked up from Clutch-cafe, both in London:

920136C5-0E2E-42DF-8F44-D78F38E5AEA7.thumb.jpeg.57e592756682bb8a68017d5ad22db0c5.jpeg

On 22/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, Foxy2 said:

not sure if this more than a single watch (or a handful at best) - seems to have been a vintage watch with a new dial for some type of raffle/gift at Samurai with an entry on the Samurai blog...easy to google.

That’s as much as I could find as well - the rest of the results seems to be in Japanese.

Today I’m wearing my Timor WWW. It’s not quite a submariner - but definitely one of my favourite watches with some cool history.

7E38BB0D-A9EE-452F-91AE-648996097E7D.jpeg

^I know nothing of Tudor text, but it wouldn't surprise me if they modded an OG dial lol

One more of the turtle vs it's modern counterpart:

Somehow I'm really taken with this one (6309 from '79); Of course I already knew the OG turtle was a classic, and my modern re-issue is my most worn watch, but finally having one in hand really put it in perspective. There's something to be said of old things, much like a pair of old Levi's...A certain intrinsic quality that carries the weight of it's lived past. Okay, getting a little too philosophical but I'm sure you can all relate!

And if nothing else, at least we know Mick Jagger was right to wear one!
ByKJ4HBCAAA5Oj-.jpg:large

Right on. Hope you make a mini-vacation out of it. I am itching to buy the 36mm datejust that @aho's posts kind of put me onto. Although I might just go with the current version instead of waiting for the updated one as I like the looks of the current one and the hidden clasp jubilee more than the new one, and don't care about the movement as much

I just sold off the majority of my collection, and had my work situation been a bit better this year, I'd be getting a 1675 or 1016, which are dream watches for me.

A birth year DJ with roulette date wheel also fits the bill.

3 hours ago, goodrain said:

Right on. Hope you make a mini-vacation out of it. I am itching to buy the 36mm datejust that @aho's posts kind of put me onto. Although I might just go with the current version instead of waiting for the updated one as I like the looks of the current one and the hidden clasp jubilee more than the new one, and don't care about the movement as much

Bracelet will be different on next year's model I think as well. I have a 116234, white dial, rouellete date wheel and it's an awesome watch. I haven't wanted anything else since. The size is comfortable.

Hidden crown clasp will only be available on the President I think starting next year. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

3 hours ago, goodrain said:

Yea that's what I'm saying. I like the hidden clasp more than the oyster clasp that's going to be on the new models

Doesn't the oyster clasp have the easy micro adjust? 

A micro adjust at all would be nice to have on my hidden clasp, but the look outweighs the cons for me. 

10 hours ago, zwer said:

So much Seiko goodness. Where's the photo of Robert Redford wearing the SKX009?

Can't find a good res one, but he wore it in "All Is Lost" with lots of close ups:

Redford.jpg

9 hours ago, JDelage said:

What would be your *realistic* dream watch everyone?

Grail remains Seiko 6159-7001. Favorite watch of all time. It's remake just won best sport watch of 2018 consequently...

1968-Seiko-Diver-300m-hi-beat-6159-7001.

Otherwise, I'm lucky to own my attainable grail, SBGA031:

• 2 weeks later...

Recently acquired this Ulysse Nardin calatrava from this 40s. This was something of a grail of mine - I've been trying to find one in this style from this manufacture for like, 5 years and this one is sooooo lovely to wear, especially on this NOS mesh bracelet (not original to the watch, but had bought it a while back on ebay and never used it for anything).

Jeans in the background are my Fullcount 1109xx

IMG_20181127_200510.jpg

IMG_20181127_200135.jpg

IMG_20181127_201958.jpg

Edited by STINGER93

On 28/11/2018 at 1:16 AM, STINGER93 said:

Recently acquired this Ulysse Nardin calatrava from this 40s. This was something of a grail of mine - I've been trying to find one in this style from this manufacture for like, 5 years and this one is sooooo lovely to wear, especially on this NOS mesh bracelet (not original to the watch, but had bought it a while back on ebay and never used it for anything).

Jeans in the background are my Fullcount 1109xx

IMG_20181127_200135.jpg

Gorgeous! Here's a not so distant cousin, on a vintage Perlon strap with a Tender bracelet, over Whooper jeans:

A4638CBA-D5E1-4B44-B555-176D2DB8A095.thumb.jpeg.d7c0d63ba5acf5bf69db1d11358ca6c0.jpeg

Edited by rodeo bill

11 hours ago, rodeo bill said:

Gorgeous! Here's a not so distant cousin, on a vintage Perlon strap with a Tender bracelet, over Whooper jeans:

A4638CBA-D5E1-4B44-B555-176D2DB8A095.thumb.jpeg.d7c0d63ba5acf5bf69db1d11358ca6c0.jpeg

Oh hell yeah - that one's a beauty!! I love the variety in the dials Ulysse was using on their time-only watches back then. They're really distinct from the kinda stuff Patek/Longines/Omega was doing with theirs, but still clearly in the same tradition (if that makes sense?)

Also not to over-do it, but I this week got a  ref.14000M Air King from 2000. I'd been wanting another Rolex since I sold my Datejust earlier this year, and holy shit this ticks all my boxes. The glossy black dials are so hard to photograph so I wasn't really prepared for just how much it changes depending on the lighting (from jet black to an almost pearlescent grey) 

Jeans are my Stevenson 727s.

IMG_20181129_030703.jpg

Edited by STINGER93