The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

I actually have a pair of NBxMita Sneakers that look just like moc toe Red Wings (that's why I bought them).  Unfortunately, I've been debating about selling them as I'm mostly a oxford/boot man now and haven't worn the sneakers in 4 years.  I'll post them here in a sec.

Edited by mlwdp

After almost a decade straight of White's boots and Alden's, 2017 was the year of the sneaker for me. I forgot how comfortable shoes can be :D  I even bought another apir of Lace to toe Smokejumpers with lug soles for the winter, but damn, they feel like bricks to me now. Anyway, typical mall bought black Vans for me (gasp!); Pretty much the view I saw all year anytime I looked down:

38559903984_ac84e29716_z.jpg

The only sneakers I wear with jeans are Converse High Tops or similar. I don't like any open-ankle/low-top footwear, in terms of feel or looks. The only pair of low tops I own is my running/walking shoes, and I *only* wear those for running or taking walks.

As far as Chuck Taylors, I have black leather (retired barring major repairs), red leather, white leather, and Jungle Green (in dry dock at the moment, pending repairs). All are standard cut High Tops.

I only wear sneakers sometimes, and only with shorts, Dickies, or tapered jeans (all of which I do not have many). I *always* wear boots with straight jeans, and never wear boots with tapered jeans.

FWIW, I'm on my feet all day at work every day, outside of driving. Boots are far more comfortable and durable to me. If I wear sneakers to work, I feel it in my legs (and sometimes my lower back) that night...not to mention having my feet and ankles feeling unprotected at work.

Edited by 428CJ

48 minutes ago, aho said:

After almost a decade straight of White's boots and Alden's, 2017 was the year of the sneaker for me. I forgot how comfortable shoes can be :D  I even bought another apir of Lace to toe Smokejumpers with lug soles for the winter, but damn, they feel like bricks to me now. Anyway, typical mall bought black Vans for me (gasp!); Pretty much the view I saw all year anytime I looked down:

38559903984_ac84e29716_z.jpg

Do you notice the transition regarding how your knees feel since you're transitioning from arch ease to flat and spongy soles of sneakers?

^Funny enough, I usually only feel my knees if I put on the White's after wearing sneakers for a while; Definitely more strain from the actual weight of the boots, but then my Vans do well with my foot structure. Can't say the same for any/all Converse I've owned over the years unfortunately...

Not disputing the craftsmanship, tradition, quality materials, etc. of boots of course, but I'm finding comfort is king, the older I get, and you just don't have as much flexibility and lightfootedness wearing boots (the "Can I Karate kick wearing these" test) :/

@Flash, perhaps I need to make a "Watches we wear with our jeans" thread...The Watches thread on the main forum is alright, but I think there's more traction here, and the denim lifestyle leanings would be more interesting to me personally (vintage, etc.etc.)

Edited by aho

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

I picked up the slip ons in white and black from "anaheim factory" collection. They have more comfortable insoles compared to the stock Vans. 

no tax/free shipping if you order from here https://www.tactics.com/search/vans+anaheim 

There are more colorways on the Vans website

damn thanks those look good. do you think they are on the same level as 70's cons?

Lofgren sneakers, still the best vulcanized sneakers I've ever owned in terms of both comfort and durability. 

The canvas part on the heel is going though, that really needs to be a more durable material, regardless of brand. 

20393675_141161889800631_714475911715907

Edited by Iron Horse

I pretty much always wear sneakers. I just recently bought some Doek baskets. But sadly, I am probably going to return them unless anyone in interested? Comparing both Shoes like pottery and Doek baskets to converse (regular, not 70s), the converse are the best for me. They fit better and imo look better. Which I guess is a good thing since they're cheaper too haha