The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

Got some Georgetown Terminators , always wanted a pair .... dont think these were all that popular in the UK because I got them on sale in HIP for £60 , usually retros sell out pretty fast and end up being sold by resellers 

Stained the midsole as I usually do ( need to wipe off the excess in a day or 2 ) and reshaped the toe to be more true to the original , the little creases on the toe should come out with some wear 

20230108_115615

20230108_115642

@Flash top pick up, plus great price to boot

Really coincidental... me and my lad were talking about these as we walked into town today as I like them and had seen them at Offspring... can't see them at £60 any more either - well done

9 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Flash top pick up, plus great price to boot

Really coincidental... me and my lad were talking about these as we walked into town today as I like them and had seen them at Offspring... can't see them at £60 any more either - well done

They were £60  for a day or 2 after Christmas then went up to £90 and it seems there now back up to the original £125 ??? .

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with the Asahi deck shoes? If so how is sizing?
Thinking about trying the 29cm but I’m afraid I’ll run into the same issue I had with the Doek oxfords in that my pinky toes feel crushed. 

On 1/31/2023 at 1:44 AM, Broark said:

I had a pair last year, the sidewalls rubbed my little toes raw and the uppers felt a bit tight around the laces.

Size 26.5 - the insole measured 28cm and I’m a UK 8

Yeah, I've mostly given up on Japanese shoes / sneakers because most only go up to 29cm.
I really wanted the Butcher Products deck sneakers in the black upper / white sole colorway, but my size is sold out.
I'll keep looking.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:44 AM, Broark said:

Thinking about trying the 29cm but I’m afraid I’ll run into the same issue I had with the Doek oxfords in that my pinky toes feel crushed. 

Here they say:"We advise you to take half a size below your usual size. "

https://www.officinegenerale.com/en/shoes/1894-asahi-sneakers-japanese-cotton.html

They describe the 29cm as EU 45, which would be US 12.

But not sure, they might all fit the same.

They seem to fit big.
Also here: " Note:

The Asahi Deck Shoe fit big in size. Choose 0.5-1 size down of your regular size.
They come marked in centimeter sizing.
For instance, 27.5 cm corresponds to EUR 43 (US 9.5) but fits closer to EUR 44 (US 10)."

https://www.broadwayandsons.com/product-page/asahi-deck-shoes-olive

Edited by indigoeagle

@indigoeagle I've seen them listed as "half a size big" on a few different web shops.
However I'm concerned that the 29cm will fit similarly to the Doek Oxfords which I bought in the same size and they were too small in the toe box.
They're not terribly expensive when purchased from Japan, might be worth trying out.

On 1/8/2023 at 9:59 AM, Flash said:

Got some Georgetown Terminators , always wanted a pair .... dont think these were all that popular in the UK because I got them on sale in HIP for £60 , usually retros sell out pretty fast and end up being sold by resellers 

Stained the midsole as I usually do ( need to wipe off the excess in a day or 2 ) and reshaped the toe to be more true to the original , the little creases on the toe should come out with some wear 

These look great.

How do you stain the midsole?

And how do you reshape the toe? I'd be interested to see a before and after image of the toe, or some other relevant material...

@xav22

You can buy a stainer pen from Foxtrot Uniform ( on instagram ) or you can make your own , I use cream peroxide and mix it with fabric dye to achieve the colour I want .

For the toe box .... all you need is shoe trees ( or just stuff the toes with paper ) a damp cloth and an iron . First insert the shoe trees or paper then place the damp cloth over the area you want to reshape and the use the iron the give you the shape you want . 

Edited by Flash

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Oh, this reminds me, I bought some blk/blk 70's Goretex Chucks a few months ago, ive never had Gore Chucks before so just a word of warning, if you're between sizes take the size above (as i did) or size up half a size.

Re- the assembly of regular Hi's, the piece of canvas which makes up the tongue is completely independant of the upper, stitched through just behind the toecap.

IMG_9322

Re- the gore version, in order to make it waterproof, the pumps are lined with a full gore sock/liner which fully encases the foot up to the 3rd eyelet.

IMG_9322

..so if like me you have quite wide feet, you can't open up the aperture beyond the 3rd eyelet, no matter how much you loosen the laces making it a bit of a struggle to squeeze your foot in.

IMG_9322

#TipOfTheDay

Little update on these..

4586545E-ED97-4780-828D-F84D3AC46C46.thumb.jpeg.cc5f2e5d59dd8202193da257cf8db2b7.jpeg

60E3046F-807E-4427-9FA9-421B63433226.thumb.jpeg.b1612d145d1aca280c3bbef6c77340cb.jpeg

I’ve been using them for my cycle commute for 3yrs now, I’ve hardly walked in them so the soles are pristine.. within a few months, the stitching started to come undone under no stress whatsoever, but didn’t continue any further than this

C8A861D1-3395-437B-A5E7-2EC7E8FCF92F.thumb.jpeg.6f538528a147e94742656011c3df26a7.jpeg

The gore lining did fk’all regarding keeping my feet dry and around 6mths ago detached itself from the upper so I had to cut it out with some scissors.. bit of a design flaw having a horizontal stitched seem where your heel goes in/out..

78817D0F-A7D3-4208-BD48-46673F43A357.thumb.jpeg.4465ce3be405dedb72c70804f0fde5a8.jpeg

..the lining and heel cup were loose so I glued them back to the shoe with superglue which of course crystallised and left a hard ridge rubbing my heel so I can’t even walk to Tesco in them but they’re still ok for riding.

Bonus stickered shoe rack photo B)

1BA1DB36-BB42-44F9-B6B7-5F82F0196785.thumb.jpeg.b8099662fa18f4eaf7ce550c95b85e72.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

warrior shoes! de rigeur in indonesian primary school in the 80s. theres even a teen novel written about them ("a pair of warriors for my bff"). re-released a few years ago, got myself a pair. even just lacing them up would unravel a stitching or two. :D

p.s. did yours come with the extra alterno red laces?

20180511_083421.jpg

Edited by oomslokop

This new reproduction come with extra thick toe box rubber the old one if I'm not mistaken is thin and easy to break off. Yeah warrior sadly there is no red laces for Malaysia market..there is another brand called Fung Keong those day Malaysia local brand just recently they revive it after more than 20+ years stop production.

Do you have sepatu kompas collection @oomslokop

Screenshot_2023-04-03-20-18-56-694_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-03-20-19-02-211_com.instagram.android.jpg

On 1/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, Flash said:

20230108_115615

20230108_115642

Got mine last year released..still keep it NIB 

IMG_20230403_203025.jpg

IMG_20230403_203034.jpg