The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What brands of deck sneakers / shoes are you guys wearing?
I've been seeking out a pair from Butcher Products, but they're sold out of my size in the color that I'm after (black upper / white sole).
I've tried out Doek and the largest size available are too small for my feet. I've thought about trying Asahi, but I worry the size 11 will be too small as well.
Maybe someone in Switzerland can proxy a pair in size 12 for me from VMC? :D
tDSXp2L.png

• 3 weeks later...

^ My son has nicked a pair of my size 9 New Balance running shoes for his school PE trainers. We bought him some adidas ones in a size 9 and his toes were right at the end (he would’ve needed a 10), so we sent them back, he took mine and we saved £££!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

When I got home on Saturday there was 6 or 8 pairs of teenage kicks next to our back door.. i can usually tell which kids are at our house by their footwear.. one pair of AJ1's looked massive, i put my foot at the side of them and laughed.. I shouted up into the attic "whose Jordans are these?" and Jack his 13yr old friend shouted "mine" ... "what size are they?" "erm.. 12 i think but they're a bit tight now” WTAF!..

..then it sounds like the house is about to collapse as they all come bounding down the stairs.. :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

No worries @Double 0 Soul my youngest son had at his 15th also size 12 UK, 46 EUR and my nightmare was what size he will have in next years. But from that time he's 3 years consistent. Still the same ... :o) 

17 hours ago, vIGGiou riou said:

...my youngest son had at his 15th also size 12 UK, 46 EUR and my nightmare was what size he will have in next years. But from that time he's 3 years consistent. Still the same ... :o) 

Mine just turned 15 – exactly the same shoe size as yours; I had hoped he would stop at 10/11/45 (so he could continue to wear mine), but that wasn't going to happen. He's been steady at that size for a year or so, so maybe that's it for him...

Just received these Unmarked all-leather sneakers yesterday and have to say that so far I’m really impressed.

6B4BF7A4-5DC3-4F64-A155-5E93C045F487.thumb.jpeg.0f680d7f5a17627cecdef3a0157e604e.jpeg

The construction is on point; the sewing isn’t completely flawless but there’s very well done twin needle stitching holding every seam. The leather is thick and stiffer than I expected, but the sneakers are very light, maybe only a bit heavier than my non-leather new balances and very easy to move around in. I went mushroom picking in them yesterday and found they gripped well on the mud and slippery leaves, though I did slip once on a log.

The inside of the sneakers is my favourite part so far. Really nice, soft leather used on the upper with a somewhat more solid insole.

A3AC8967-7EF9-4486-B5BC-D5D823A8786D.thumb.jpeg.e05f7443dcc773039f5ad7e1623bbbaf.jpeg

All said, for $180 shipped I’m really glad to have gotten these. I’m over burning through a pair of canvas sneakers once a year and am hoping that these will prove their worth over time. And although Unmarked’s branding is pretty obnoxious (to say nothing of their awful website), it’s at least minimal enough to not be noticeable while wearing, so I can look past it.

Bonus shot of a handful of chanterelles:

072AF332-C7A0-43B2-AF04-3957DFAAD752.thumb.jpeg.458706859d49bc44db8ef6662bf89192.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Double 0 Soul Neal you old sneaker-head. Is there a way to keep the rubber of vulcanized sneakers fresh and pliable?

I've never tried any of the magic lotions which the vintage car nerds use for keeping rubberised parts and seals supple, i suppose they could work

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Or are they bound to crack?

No not really, some vulcanised rubber sneakers will last for decades and some won't, the cracking can be attributed to poor quality materials (remember those MiA PF's :rolleyes:) but most of the time it's down to how you look after them, UV will cause the rubber to break down and crack so keep them out of daylight, keep them away from ozone so away from electric motors (the fridge) if you walk on salt treated pavements, rinse them off, keep them at a steady room temprature, not in the outhouse where it's freezing cold in the winter and hot in the summer, keep them clean and that's the best you can really do..you can buy expensive rubber conditioners but it won't save them from the low grade rubber being used in the manufacturing process.

• 2 weeks later...