The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

21 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Doek Oxford. I think they would look better with contrast stitching.

20210907_135226.thumb.jpg.63507a96f20411e0bc99e477c7d74c52.jpg

How is the sizing on these? I've been wanting to get a pair, but have a hard time finding them in Europe. Do you have any suggestions? 

I take the same size as in my Vans. So a US10.

One pair I ordered directly from Doek and the other one was bought at Beige Habilleur in France. They are also stocked at Trunk Clothiers and Caine Clothiers. Those are the shops in Europe from the top of my head. There might be others as well.
Price between Doek and Europe wasn't so different after shipping and taxes.

@beautiful_FrEaK what’s your shoe/boot sizes in the range (all brands) you have - would you list them please?

Part of the reason is that Doek, Pras, Shoes Like Pottery and nearly any other similar shoe made in Japan and vulcanised are made by Moonstar - so I’m wondering if (or why) there might be variances in sizing.

I’m a 28 in Moonstar and Pras for example

@Duke Mantee no problem. I am probably all over the place with my sizes...might be strange feet.

German Army measured me at 275 which equals EU 43
Veja EU 43
Red Wing Iron Ranger US 9.5
Converse Chucks 70s US 9.5
New Balance US 9.5
Yuketen US 9.5
Vans US 10
Doek US10 = 28
Paraboot UK 8.5
TLB Mallorca UK 8.5

That's it I think

@beautiful_FrEaK Thank you - it looks very much like we take the same size (give or take … foot shape could still be quite different, e.g. I find CT70s a touch narrow in the toe at 9.5)

So it looks like I’d be 28 in Doek as well as Moonstar and Pras. Starting to give substance to my thoughts about Made in Kurume sizing generally.

Edited by Duke Mantee

4 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It would be really surprising if the Moonstar made shoes would differ so much but yeah, who knows what lasts they are all using.
Which pair of Doek do want?

No, I’m not after a pair of Doeks - it just seems to be a very common question raised about sizing … ‘how do your Doeks, Pras (insert Kurume label here) etc fit?’

Not many, if any, have a variety of Kurume made sneakers but if we assume (reasonably) they all fit similar then obviously even you only have Moonstar you should be able to advise if someone asks about Pras for example.

Edited by Duke Mantee

35 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Interesting, to me, that you’re a 28 in Moonstar—I’m also a 28, but seem to sit around 0.5–1 size larger than you in everything else

Don’t you have some odd approach to Lofgren footwear? :laugh:

I’m 

JP28 in Moonstar, Pras and I’m now guessing Doek

JP27 in RDT

9.5 in Lofgren

9.5 in White’s

UK9 in Trickers and Church’s and pretty much anything Northampton-esque 

9.5/10 in Chuck 70s

44 in Scarpa … and by far the best fit regardless of model

All variations are accommodated by sock thickness

Everybody is doing a GAT these days (or for quite some time).

Has anybody here experience with the version of Reproduction of Found?
german-military-trainer.jpg

(not sure if it really makes sense to buy these when you can have the original for a fraction of the price...but isn't it the same with jeans? ;) )

• 1 month later...

Ordered these from Gustin so long ago I forgot all about them till they turned up today. Overtime the colour will become darker and richer much like a raw belt. Good for the colder months

B245FEA6-71C4-4614-AE64-9972B51F771D.thumb.jpeg.4be907bf32dc1220bac878d050f706a4.jpeg

74BABAEE-A26C-486B-9207-68DAB2671A3B.thumb.jpeg.f128d79adb01bbf0a801e26e7bf87456.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I don't wear these with jeans but is anyone else into the sneakers that we play basketball with?

I have narrow feet like Kevin Durant(not as narrow as his which look like 14 inch skinny subs)

His narrowest shoe is the KD8 which happen to fit my feet like they were made to order. Once I played in a pair I knew that I'd never want to play in any other shoe. Stocked up and picked up 7 more pairs, which should last me this lifetime.

37395211_1963489643709280_5608183413954576384_n.jpg

IMG_20211211_162850_198.jpg