The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 2 weeks later...

On the same vein of guys doing their own takes on Jordan 1s, i have this pair from Boyworldwide who does a bunch of small runs with colorways and art inspired by his childhood. These are the Air Chicken Wings. The insole has a coleslaw picture printed on it 

F5F02CE0-D1BD-4613-9ECA-B4CFB643C02F.jpeg

D4B66B57-EA8D-4707-B964-77F3F71757F0.jpeg

C065E906-7922-4BFC-8DC5-BA6E1CD44FB4.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Broark said:

I recently found out that Boyworldwide was living in Singapore and going to the same school as me. Totally blew my mind. I’ll be getting a pair of the Hale Bopp’s once they’re released. 

Wow that is a very small world. The hale bopps are so good. Def going to try to get a pair too

35 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Wow that is a very small world. The hale bopps are so good. Def going to try to get a pair too

Yeah he was posting some stuff on IG from when he was in high school and I commented, after a few messages back and forth turns out I graduated one year before him.
Super small world.

I was reading a couple of months ago that Nike have extending their trademark of the AJ1's to include pattern, sole, stitching, position of eyelets in realation to...ect ect

In effect making the Air Jordan 1 federally protected in it's entirety under the US patent and trademark office which will put an end to these bootlegs.. 

I expect other iconic designs will soon follow... Vans put up an objection because they're still arguing over who came up with checkerboard :D

Here’s a similar option, my son used to wear these for PE rather than the school-approved ones. As he has to wear proper shoes for school, I’ll be taking him to get a pair of DMs in the next week or so.

C8FAEFF3-0089-4047-BC21-B1CB6A288949.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Dug these old AJ 3s out yesterday... bit yellowed and cracked but comfy  

I originally bought them to counter a wide hem (or so I thought at the time) on a pair of LVC 201s... which were stupidly sold off cheap years ago

2021 AJ 3 Retro 1.JPG

2021 AJ 3 Retro 2.JPG

2021 AJ 3 Retro 3.JPG

Was taking pics for the Nippers site and finally got the lighting right using the umbrella things so I took a few pics of the Donny's after I've been wearing them a bit , I really do love these sneakers and there looking well better with a bit of wear on them 

DSC_0435

DSC_0436

DSC_0437

DSC_0438

DSC_0439

Here you go @MJF9 The Retrobrite Project, i posted this up elsewhere for Mr Black years ago

"Retr0bright  it was developed around 2008 or removing yellowing from vintage computer casings.
Simple enough to make your own solution all the ingredients are cheaply available from the chemist with plenty of instructional videos online.
Works a treat for your pumps. Err on the side of caution by avoiding/taping off the canvas"

Mr B had great results removing the yellowing from his vintage Chucks.. in fact, he still owes me a pint ;)
Edited by Double 0 Soul

^ good luck, @MJF9 – junior mondo went up a shoe size every year, so when he reached my size (US 11) at 11 years old I thought I'd get some respite and he could wear some of mine (I had been looking forward to using this as justification for some of my multiple pairs) – but at 13, he's a size 13 and trashes his shoes playing basketball as fast as I can supply them...

@mondo my word that’s a proper big lad… and sporty too… how’s the food bill??? Mine plays a lot of football and runs in between so never stops munching. 

@Maynard Friedman cool pair… nice and prestine… wonder how they will compare this time next week.  Edit - looking at them on a big screen now... also a great colour to match with jeans 

Edited by MJF9