The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

22yr old Stans after 2years of wear in my workshop.

P1030492.JPG

I always used to wear pumps for work, i would buy new pumps wear them for a while then relegate to bike or work and eventually bin, then around 10yrs ago i had some romantic notion that i would buy a pair of engineers and watch them slowly take on the workshop patina as they aged gracefully, so i bought a pair of Lofgrens and after 3 months they looked completely fucked :rolleyes: well i say fucked.. they looked about the same as those^ Adidas after 2yrs wear so i sold them on while they still had some value. I reverted to a pair of Buco's, being HH they were much hardier but not very comfortable after a long day so i reverted back to vintage pumps...y'lives...y'learns. :D

P1030493.JPG

In the decade preceding, i had worn a pair of LW Mechanics into the ground but i wasn't always in the workshop in those days so they had an easier life.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Mentioned before about always wanting a pair of Jordans , wanted a pair from I was a kid ( never had an interest in basketball though ) but no chance my mum was forking out the money 

Well I still haven't got a pair but I did get a pair of these 

5700AD41-DA10-40AE-857C-3A50978D8AFD_940x

There the Donny 1 , a reproduction of a jordan bootleg called  pro joggs if I remember correctly.  Had a few text conversations with the guy who owns the brand and he seems a really nice guy and instead of giving some nike reseller my money I'd rather support a small business 

^Pony NFL logo :unsure:

Talking of bootlegs, anyone know the lowdon with these Chintown Market pumps from a few years back?

I really liked them, anything with a smiley face and an old school fat belly swoosh lifts my latch...

image.thumb.png.9f2a6bd08764b62ca46c49a62b441cc3.png

I appreciate Chinatown is inspired by fake-market culture but the box has both swoosh and 'Converse' +logo printed on it both of which are protected trademarks so was this a Nike x Converse x Chinatown collab? doesn't seem like something Nike would be down with, plus in true bootleg style, the swoosh is shonky af, if Nike were involved im sure they would insist on it being clean, if they're not involved you would expect the lawyers shutting them down in a heart beat.

They were also instantly/heavily faked...Oh the irony! :D

27 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Nike own Converse ...

Yeah, i knew that :ph34r: that's what happens when you post at 6am on a Monday morning before you've finished your first coffee..,.

27 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

... and afaik Chinatown Market do official work with Converse 

That explains it

They also 'upcycle' and resell Nike sweatshirts which is just a recut Nike sweat with Chinatown printed over the top?

I think Smiley is a recognised TM too.

I bought a t-shirt once from Sumo, a skate store in Sheff, it was made by a dude calling himself Militia, he took a t-shirt blank and carefully cut an Adidas trefoil out of the front with a scalpel, he then got some official Adidas logo printed material which he bought as an offcut from the wholesaler, slapped a few paint splats on it and stitched it on the inside so it showed through the cutout trefoil, screen printed Militia undermeath, i'll see if i can find it... he was mad apprehensive about it even tho it was almost untraceable in a pre digital age so they were sold through the back door at it were..
Edited by Double 0 Soul

48 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Yeah, i knew that :ph34r: that's what happens when you post at 6am on a Monday morning before you've finished your first coffee..,.

That explains it

They also 'upcycle' and resell Nike sweatshirts which is just a recut Nike sweat with Chinatown printed over the top?

I think Smiley is a recognised TM too.

I bought a t-shirt once from Sumo, a skate store in Sheff, it was made by a dude calling himself Militia, he took a t-shirt blank and carefully cut an Adidas trefoil out of the front with a scalpel, he then got some official Adidas logo printed material which he bought as an offcut from the wholesaler, slapped a few paint splats on it and stitched it on the inside so it showed through the cutout trefoil, screen printed Militia undermeath, i'll see if i can find it... he was mad apprehensive about it even tho it was almost untraceable in a pre digital age so they were sold through the back door at it were..

The Sumo shirt sounds like the real deal ... insofar as that it is a ‘good’ fake. The Chinatown stuff is hype but that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea, those sneakers are the dogs bollocks - the swoosh looks better and the smiley is a brilliant alternative to the converse patch.

There was also crazy biz some years ago where Supreme failed to establish TM in Italy, they just underestimated demand...apathy or whatevs and left gaps in their legal, Im just skimming the surface here...

Supreme Italia established itself and flooded the Italian market with direct copy 'legal fakes' Supreme can't sue until they tap the international market.. a'la arc-gate

Supreme being no stranger to the concept rip, i'm sure the irony isn't lost..

13 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

^One of my old mates, Seb Palmer is general/brand manager at New Balance (previously Nike SB, e'S ect) i haven't seen him for time cos he's been based in Cali for the last few years..

image.jpeg.0c389f3979a3a93772da2ae9ccbce9e5.jpeg

That's great - does he work on the numeric line? If you see him maybe drop a note that some people out there would love a return of the Epic Tr...

There's a numeric model that's modeled after it, but it's just not really the same.