The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 2:46 PM, buler said:

Anyone tried these made in Japan Tigers?

image.png.8c8a3f2cbdacef792cf19b22691df8e6.png

Never tried these Ali though own a regular onitsuga tiger made out of suede blue colour. Had it since 2008. Has become my gym shoe now. Great for leg press machine and v squat machine. 

Got these Chuck 70s a few weeks back from jd sports. Have not worn them out yet so still new.was a little annoyed they come in a very small box they barely fit and I like to store my shoes in their box.fit pic me wearing them with my Edwin ed75

first time I cuffed my denim this way

7F97EBFF-F440-4F6C-BEA9-EE5E4055E2AC.jpeg

On 12/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, buler said:

Anyone tried these made in Japan Tigers?

image.png.8c8a3f2cbdacef792cf19b22691df8e6.png

Cool sneakers to rock with jeans . I found this NIPPON VERSION OF OLYMPICS SNEAKERS  COME WITH SERIAL NUMBERS. 

IMG_20210110_214744.jpg

IMG_20210110_214741.jpg

IMG_20210110_214713.jpg

IMG_20210110_214918.jpg

I'd love a pair of ajko's 

Screenshot_20210117-145113_Instagram

But I'm really reluctant to spend £350+ on a pair of modern nike that sold for .... I dont know ??? £100 and I definitely dont have the money to throw at a vintage pair 

Need a bit of a change up in footwear 

DSC_0012

Edited by Flash

Air Jordans do my fucking head in nowadays (i still love them secretly) i appreciate that it took Nike some time to cotton onto the repro game and you would expect some time to pass between 1985 AJ1 and 1994 repro's (while they concentrated on the AJ2, 3, 4, 5 ect... but after the mid 90's a golden age repro tended to be released every few years so it was something to look fwd to, nowaday a repro comes out every flippin week, it's completely taken the shine off.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:29 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

Air Jordans do my fucking head in nowadays (i still love them secretly) i appreciate that it took Nike some time to cotton onto the repro game and you would expect some time to pass between 1985 AJ1 and 1994 repro's (while they concentrated on the AJ2, 3, 4, 5 ect... but after the mid 90's a golden age repro tended to be released every few years so it was something to look fwd to, nowaday a repro comes out every flippin week, it's completely taken the shine off.

But I think you only care about the OG colorways and those definitely don't come out every week? For all of last year I can only think of the Fire Red Vs and Fire Red IVs

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

Fore sure, but every time a monsterous 'repro' comes out, it takes a little bit more of the shine from the OG's... well for me anyway.

I agree, I used to collect and resell Nike dunk SB’s between 2007-2012 and feel like their rise and fall pretty carefully mirrored what went on with Jordan’s up to now. the first few years were magical as the designers were still very creative and each pair, while not all classics necessarily, at least had something different to offer from the rest.

i remember being 14 and sneaking out to camp outside of “goods”, the local Seattle shop that used to get all the new releases, with my little folding chair lol, and finding a little corner of the line to pretend to sleep so as not to be visibly intimidated by all the cool older kids, who must have been 17-18 and spent the night covertly drinking malt liquor and listening to Bay Area rap. pretty sure that was for the MF Doom collab, which was the first pair I bought that had a lot of hype around it.

nike-dunk-high-sb-mf-doom-3.jpg

by the start of 2012 they seemed to either be running out of ideas or realizing that the money was just in repros, the quality (lol) diminished significantly and a lot of people jumped ship. I sold off my whole collection around 2014, some pairs I almost had to give away as interest was so low and people’s focus seemed to have shifted over to designer stuff and new balance.

life in the neoliberal “end of history” is such a drag, nothing is sacred anymore, anything of nostalgic value needs to be dragged into the present and have poor plastic reproductions constantly churned out, with no regard for the fact that a lot of the original item’s appeal came from the quality and ingenuity of its manufacture. sneakers, movies, furniture, you name it! denim as well, although something has always felt different about this scene, maybe because the makers sincerely care about the process and aren’t just in it to milk a trend.

Sorry for getting sidetracked lol. but it is something I wonder often - whether we’re doomed to live in a world constantly set to replay the greatest hits of the 20th century...

5 hours ago, chicote said:

I agree, I used to collect and resell Nike dunk SB’s between 2007-2012 and feel like their rise and fall pretty carefully mirrored what went on with Jordan’s up to now. the first few years were magical as the designers were still very creative and each pair, while not all classics necessarily, at least had something different to offer from the rest.

i remember being 14 and sneaking out to camp outside of “goods”, the local Seattle shop that used to get all the new releases, with my little folding chair lol, and finding a little corner of the line to pretend to sleep so as not to be visibly intimidated by all the cool older kids, who must have been 17-18 and spent the night covertly drinking malt liquor and listening to Bay Area rap. pretty sure that was for the MF Doom collab, which was the first pair I bought that had a lot of hype around it.

I'd sold off most of my little SB collection by 2008, these premes were the first 2 pairs which i bought on release back in 2002, i had very little appreciation at the time regarding what they would one day be worth, i just wore them like regular pumps... Whoops!

A friend of mine picked them up for me, they dropped on the down low (at least for me) there was very little hype surrounding the release, it wasn't until 2003 when i picked up the Takashi from the local skate joint that folks in the shop started getting all giddy about them..

In the UK SB Dunks were only stocked by skate stores not sports stores so our market share was pretty limited but luckily for me, 2 different groups of my friends owned skate stores, my Mrs worked at one of them for a time so i didn't have to camp outside like the regular schmo's.. :D

Those 2x little black books were given to skate stores by Nike (not for re-sale) sometime around 2004, they catalogued the entire SB range at the time.

fullsizeoutput_2d34.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2d35.jpeg

I signed up to NikeTalk sometime around 2006, same kinda time i first signed up to this place, hence the piece of white paper^ with my old usermane :blush:

Ive just had a look to see if that place still exists, fuck me!, it's well tech, they've got chats on cars, sports, music, t'was mainly legit checks, and poor quality photo's of Dunks and Jordans in my day...

@Double 0 Soul Damn those premes are so nice! Around the time I got out of buying SB’s I remember Nike repro’d those... I stayed away so as to not get brained by a rabid hypebeast :laugh2: though the originals are very cool.

My all time favourites were the sea crystals and the HUF collab, both of which I was lucky to own and, just like you, wear to shreds instead of keeping them hermetically sealed like the smart people.

D8190C63-3273-4386-B3EE-5713CFC5AF99.thumb.jpeg.1d2756b22e27434b147ecd95983402b8.jpeg

A45D1827-2DF1-4F6E-91EB-880E7C0F7498.jpeg.3af03160c6905ccc3bbebab32aa00bdb.jpeg

Those and some baggy nudies (and a bape sweatshirt lol!) and I was the flyest kid in the high school cafeteria :P

i was a poster on n-sb.org for a few years, which now gives me a security warning when I try to access it lol. Guess your forum won out!

Edited by chicote