The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

31 minutes ago, Broark said:

Nice, I was looking at the Cabourn ones recently. A bit pricey, but unique.

I have the blue one and the FR trainer White Yellow it is great will post later!

And another too from MMY only.

VErry nice quality sneakers and great with jeans

So here the three other MMY: 2 colabs with Cabourn and one Mihara classic purcell :

IMG-3598.jpg

IMG-3524.jpg

IMG-3507.jpg

Here PF Flyer Made in USA:

62117282843-3-D3591-EC-6-F10-48-F8-8-EA8

Also i have a lot of New balance Made in USA and England that fit well with denim obviously :)

Edited by geL-

• 5 weeks later...

By a long long distance, my favourite canvas sneakers - the original MiJ stuff is long gone, so I’d asked Geeman about Warehouse equivalents (brilliant help), but by a quirk of fate it might - just might - be possible to get a couple of pairs of original low-tops. With these and the incoming Bootleggers denim I’m like a dug wi’ twa dicks ...

P1002038_DxO.jpg

Edited by Duke Mantee

5 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

By a long long distance, my favourite canvas sneakers - the original MiJ stuff is long gone, so I’d asked Geeman about Warehouse equivalents (brilliant help), but by a quirk of fate it might - just might - be possible to get a couple of pairs of original low-tops. With these and the incoming Bootleggers denim I’m like a dug wi’ twa dicks ...

P1002038_DxO.jpg

what brand? thanks

Really like the look of those—are the products shown on their web shop no longer of the same quality? Poking around, I saw some reference to them closing down operations around 2014, but their shop is still showing stock for most models…

Always on the hunt for that style of sneakers…really happy with my Nigel Cabourn / Lofgren version, but not enough so to consider paying full price

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Did the sizing work out?

Those are Mill Reef - not Warehouse. After we chatted and I was going to get the Warehouse model, by pure chance, my friend found these ... so these it is. Still very grateful to you though.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Really like the look of those—are the products shown on their web shop no longer of the same quality? Poking around, I saw some reference to them closing down operations around 2014, but their shop is still showing stock for most models…

Always on the hunt for that style of sneakers…really happy with my Nigel Cabourn / Lofgren version, but not enough so to consider paying full price

AFAIK the business is closed but there was some chat about resurrection via Chinese made shoes - that wasn’t received well allegedly and I’m not sure what’s happening now. The few that are left on the webshop look to be the original models but I’m not touching their payment process with a long barge pole 

@Duke Mantee Makes sense—for what it's worth, poking around some's turned up a few pairs left for sale at Canvas in larger sizes, by which I'm feeling pretty tempted

Do you find the soles to last well? This is the main issue I've had with some MiJ Chucks-style sneakers in the past…the soles on some last fine, but on others (looking at you, TFH) they wear through in no time near the heel

• 3 weeks later...