The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

52 minutes ago, spidereye said:

Tomorrow launch..as a Star wars fan I would keep it..already got darth vader superstar couple of weeks ago

IMG-20200904-WA0218.jpg

i still have the first launch back in 2010. think i managed to snag a storm trooper superstar, imperial guard hi top (not sure of the model) and the AT-AT pair as well..

Edited by louisbosco

20 hours ago, louisbosco said:

i still have the first launch back in 2010. think i managed to snag a storm trooper superstar, imperial guard hi top (not sure of the model) and the AT-AT pair as well..

I guess that was zx800 boba fett in 2010 cool looking kicks though the colorway. I manage to get this 40th anniversary top ten hi ...its sold out at all 3 adidas originals in Kuala Lumpur the first day launch..others luke..darth vader and lando is still available..the marketing for this shoes is sick..need to collect another 3 shoes to complete the whole poster 

1.Boba 2.Lando 3.Chewie 4.Hansolo

Screenshot_20200925_212939.jpg

12 minutes ago, spidereye said:

I guess that was zx800 boba fett in 2010 cool looking kicks though the colorway. I manage to get this 40th anniversary top ten hi ...its sold out at all 3 adidas originals in Kuala Lumpur the first day launch..others luke..darth vader and lando is still available..the marketing for this shoes is sick..need to collect another 3 shoes to complete the whole poster 

1.Boba 2.Lando 3.Chewie 4.Hansolo

Screenshot_20200925_212939.jpg

unfortunately, i didn't really follow up on subsequent releases.

But back then, although i can't quite clearly remember the details, i know it was roughly my first foray into sneakers back then. Managed to snagged my from the adidas originals store in Singapore. There was a queue but nothing quite crazy as sneaker releases these days. One detail i remember clearly though, was the guy in front of me got the last micropacer recap, in which there was only 300 numbered pairs i believe..

892115da76aa323e3e60941c929e6b61b93a951f-646x430.jpg.60176974c509d86fb5f202ef709fcdeb.jpg

On 9/25/2020 at 1:23 AM, louisbosco said:

Nice one..but nothing compared to with the Hype of Nike SB Ben& Jerry colourway (for kids) ..reseller hunts it and flip the price like crazy. Skateboarder will not have a chance to own it @ retails price .

20 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Adidas Star Wars chat reminded me I have a pair of Superstars Dark Side from 2007

https://www.kicksonfire.com/star-wars-adidas-consortium-superstar/

Only worn a few times. The box was eaten by the attic monster presumably. Shamelessly open to offers!

those packaging are hell cool. had that with the imperial guard and storm trooper hi top models from the first collection..

21 hours ago, unders said:

Micropacers! A blast from the past. I had a buddy that only wore them :D

they were cool. remmeber picking up a pair or normal black ones from an outlet store

Edited by louisbosco

Anyone else feel weird wearing new trainers ? 

20200929_085914

Put these on this morning taking Jack to school and I kept looking at my feet thinking I look like a tit . I really prefer when trainers are a bit scuffed up and worn in , maybe it's just because I havent worn a lighter pair in years ? But I wasnt keen on them ,have 2 pairs of them as well ..... maybe that was a mistake 

I think you’re right, it’s because they’re light and look so new, darker ones don’t scream “Look at me, I’m brand new!” quite so much. Just keep wearing them and the Belfast elements will take care of that fresh out of the box feeling in no time.

Has anyone used Recourture to change their sneaker outsoles to resole-able Vibrams? I tried emailing them (no reply) and clicking the international option (via CDJapan) which when translated doesn't make sense to me. Do I make payment with CDJapan then send a pair of sneakers to Japan? 

30c2ff6663f3e5d8d8286903be1567d0.png

Edited by : )

• 2 weeks later...

Novesta Star Masters or Dribbles run slightly large and quite wide in my experience... I'm usually 45/UK10/US11, but 44 would be ideal for me. 45's fine, but if I'd were to wear them with no socks or just liners they'd chafe from being too loose at the heel. They also come with an arch support that is not to everyone's taste – but can be easily removed. The soles wear down quickly compared to, say, Spring Courts... I've maybe ten pairs of those, but only two of the Novesta. Possibly gum sole versions would be harder-wearing – I'd be tempted by a khaki/gum pair myself if they were on sale.

The Novesta Marathon is a decent shoe, but way too expensive at retail. Got a bit of a New Balance/German Army Trainer feel, very little visible branding, comfortable and wear better than the Star Master.

I bought a denim pair of SM off eBay for.. dunno, USD $20 or so, and as soon as my wife saw them she said "I like those!" (she seldom volunteers an opinion on..anything to do with me, pretty much.. heh). So I found a black pair for her for even less, and she wears them a fair bit. Our eldest girl is a total fashion victim and wears a pair of Diors that look very much like they've been modelled on the old Novesta/Bata/Czech army shoes. Go to the source, I say.

22 hours ago, Geeman said:

Anyone got experience with Novesta? Theres a pair on the wife's Christmas list and need to know how to size without letting it out the bag...

Size compared to 70's or vans?