The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

• 2 weeks later...

Adidas Shell Toes / Superstars 35th Anniversary - Lee Quinones

Think they set me back a fair price of about £50 in 2005 - for sale here for a little more :blink2:

Every season in a day here in the UK - what's happening to the weather?!

20200822 Lee Quinone.jpg

25 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Every season in a day here in the UK - what's happening to the weather?!

So far today I've done circuit training in gale force wind, jet washed the drive in pissing down rain and am now having a cold beer in the back garden in a tshirt and sunglasses 

(I do have more than just a tshirt on, the neighbours get funny otherwise )

^haha mad weather mate... we drove to the footy under dark cloud, Junior played in glorious sunshine and then we had torrential rain on the way home!    

I'm doing a bit of bag work under cover later in the gym... not sure about you though but I'm feeling cooped up in the gym now - much prefer outdoors exercise

5 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Think they set me back a fair price of about £50 in 2005 - for sale here for a little more :blink2:

Makes me wonder how much my Superstars from the early 80s would’ve been worth - Cruise had just opened in Glasgow and the staff and ‘those in the know’ wore them de rigueur :dry: ... before Run DMC too!

Edited by Duke Mantee

Loads! You were ahead of me Duke. There was some chat about shell toes a while back. My first were white with black stripes and big fat red laces c1989/90... underground ravers essentials from Geese in Manchester. I remember wearing them at the Quadrant Park in Liverpool. One time someone said there is Anthony Wilson wearing a suit and high tops... we all said so what and carried on...

8 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Loads! You were ahead of me Duke. There was some chat about shell toes a while back. My first were white with black stripes and big fat red laces c1989/90... underground ravers essentials from Geese in Manchester. I remember wearing them at the Quadrant Park in Liverpool. One time someone said there is Anthony Wilson wearing a suit and high tops... we all said so what and carried on...

The advantages and disadvantages of age ...

8 hours ago, MJF9 said:

^haha mad weather mate... we drove to the footy under dark cloud, Junior played in glorious sunshine and then we had torrential rain on the way home!    

I'm doing a bit of bag work under cover later in the gym... not sure about you though but I'm feeling cooped up in the gym now - much prefer outdoors exercise

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Absolutely,  I go to the gym early hours for weights but all cardio etc is outdoors now.

I haven't heard Quadrent Park mentioned in a long time....

• 2 weeks later...

Post-lockdown lifestyle modification has resulted in a purge on the boots collection.  Nowadays, slip ons are a way to go for me, since bending over to tie boots had become such a big production :laugh2:

•Vault Vans X Vivienne Westwood “Anglomania” Destroy Graphics

•Amiri Python Embossed

•Vans Vault X Taka Hayashi

•Springle Move in ‘Roo leather

•Fear Of God “Skate Low“

EB427EA1-DA51-41D8-8082-F2296C3147DF.thumb.jpeg.a75b6a73b27cc59c68a2913d5b9e3891.jpeg

On 8/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, MJF9 said:

Think they set me back a fair price of about £50 in 2005 - for sale here for a little more :blink:

I noticed the same biz with this old pair of Homer Dunks belonging to my Mrs

fullsizeoutput_27d9

...cost her £64.99 in 2004, on sale here for a little more :blink:

Those Adidas Oragon above reminded me of these Adidas Mangostin

IMG_9799

I bought them in 2000, they were the first of the hyper-lite runners, they only weigh 125g, 70g lighter than most runners would consider a 'safe limit' for a race shoe..

..alas, as crazy as they are, you can't flippin run in them, i used them as beach shoes :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Duodequinquagesimus said:

The ugliest clown shoes I could find. Excellent for sprinting 

E75F1831-F2CE-4E62-9B68-88FFD9202AED.jpeg

A flatter sole is even more excellent for sprinting - more effective transmission of leg power to ground without being absorbed by spongey layer and also less weight. Bet they’re nice for jogging in.

Edited by MJF9

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

A flatter sole is even more excellent for sprinting - more effective transmission of leg power to ground without being absorbed by spongey layer and also less weight. Bet they’re nice for jogging in.

True and thank you.
Believe me, this are so ugly that if you see you’re gonna bump into someone you know you are going to sprint in the opposite direction