The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

I think you were in there @mondo! Should’ve offered to show her your arcs up in your room! :laugh2:

To add (hopefully not fuel) to the SC v ‘Nike’ debate, although I only glanced briefly at the link for a few seconds, I think one is a homage - designed in praise of the original although not intended to deceive and one is a copy that people are potentially trying to pass off as the original. Ironically, if they’re all made in SE Asia, it could be by the same people.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

2 hours ago, goodrain said:

Doesn't make it any less ironic to me. To each his own, mate.

If you can't tell the difference between a legitimate company selling repro's and a scam company selling fakes you're clearly a fucking idiot.

If i'm being accused of shitting on you when i wasn't then i might as well...:D

According to the internet the t-shirt was invented by the US Navy at some point between 1898 and 1913 so would this make every t-shirt which wasn't produced by the US Navy a fake t-shirt?

..on the other hand, if i buy a poor quality Levi's t-shirt from Thorsby Market for a fiver which is printed on a Gildan blank it would still be a genuine t-shirt

*face-palm*

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

If you can't tell the difference between a legitimate company selling repro's and a scam company selling fakes you're clearly a fucking idiot.

If i'm being accused of shitting on you when i wasn't then i might as well...:D

if they are legitimate they wouldn't have gotten sued in the first place. I obviously don't have a problem with it but if you don't see the irony you are the fucking idiot.

"Ive had shit loads of AJ's pass through my hands over the years.. you've seen most of em before, favourites would be the 1999 AJ4's. I admire J's but never wore them.

So you are a poser/hoarder/flipper? I know how to take a shit too, mate.

Between the mid 90's and 2010 I was a hoarder.. thankfully i saw the error of my ways and put it all into perspective when my kid was born, nowadays i hardly own any clothes.

I'll try and spell it out for you..

The denim brands which we admire are often reproducing details of old Levi's and when many of them started doing so during the 90's repro boom it was considered entirely legitimate selling them to a domestic Japanese market, originals were scarse and expensive it was many years later when the burgeoning international market forced Levi's to protect their brand. The Sugarcanes i collect are from this pre-lawsuit period.
The repro's we all admire don't claim to be Levi's, (unlike those counterfeit Nike's you posted) they're simply paying homage to them.. they're not trying to fool anyone (unlike the counterfeit Nike's you posted) many of them are far superior quality than the originals (unlike the counterfeit Nike's you posted) they're more expensive (unlike the counterfeit Nike's you posted) they're more ethically made (unlike the counterfeit Nike's you posted).. repro brands are not imitating the current crop of high street products (unlike the counterfeit Nike's you posted) they're imitating Levi's of yesteryear, something LVC fails to do well.. whereas the fakes you posted are unethical, often funded by organised crime, the websites can contain card skimming scams, they have links to child exploitation, human trafficking, extortion, illegal waste dumping/environmental damage, fraud, drug trafficking ect ect ect non of these shady activities have been associated with Japanese reproduction denim companies afaik..

..but what do i know, you you pays your money, you makes your choice.

10 hours ago, goodrain said:

I think people also buy them with "bots" which is why they sell out so quick.

In the case of your daughter I think they also make less pairs in the smaller sizes(what size does she wear?)

I would say try SNKRs app at the date/time that they release and you should be able to hopefully get a pair. Nike is actively trying to fight off bots with the SNKRs app while sites like Footlocker still fall victim to them

Hru bud, UK 5.5, but the thing is we got some off stockx but my wife doubled checked and they had the "w" in which means women not wide fit and it says in the fit guide for women you should size up 1.5.. Confusing right so we don't know if we accidentally bought size 4

@chambo2008 Yes for Nike womens= mens+1.5 so your daughter would need a womens 7 UK

if she is not too particular about colors these just released in the states today I'm not sure about the UK?

https://sneakernews.com/2020/05/12/air-jordan-1-pherspective-release-date/

https://www.footlocker.com/product/jordan-aj-1-mid-womens/Q6472602.html  (sizes here are US)

@SLAB I've had these 3/4 years now and they have been absolutely babied.  I wear them on dry days, only in summer, so I have one reasonably clean pair of ecru / white plimsolls.  So I haven't put them to any test yet.  Given that, quality is so far so good. Solid enough sole, decent stitching and super bendy too (for what that's worth). No complaints.