The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

On 6/9/2020 at 2:56 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

ive had a pair of waterproof pants on order from Showers Pass for the last few months, i reckon if i zip the legs over my Chucks + velcro closures it'll improve matters... ive just fitted some mudguards too...

That combination ought to do it. The front mudguard is a game changer. The majority of road spit that soaks through the shoe is coming from the front tire. Keeping the pants securely over the collar of the sneaker is the next challenge. The taller, lined Chuck that I posted adds just enough height that I don't have an issue. The 70s Gore Tex is short enough that I have to monitor my pants riding up to keep dry and sometimes it fails. Showers Pass is a great company. I've been running their Crosspoint WP gloves for the last six years. I've only had to replace once.

They are!.. ive been cycling in their Track Pants for the past 6mths, i thought they seemed pricey at £70+ but they're really well thought out with a perfect cut, fitted but not tight, i like this re-enforced ankle/crank protection... the only pair of track pants/runners you'll ever need.

IMG_9544

Ive always rode in jeans until i bought these, i'm hoping they'll help my jeans last beyond the 2yr mark...

Big fan of Nike blazers here. Specifically grey blazers. Mix that with only wearing blue jeans and it’s safe to say variety is not my thing.

457F3722-2F5A-45D1-BCCB-47C262139671.thumb.jpeg.1650436128f65c0c339350c0d3e1ce63.jpeg

Top pair are called Twisted Prep colourway. Middle colourway is by Stussy and bottom Zoo York. 

My pride and joy are mint 1981 pair of All Court Hi. Not strictly blazers but damn close. 

B19FA646-35CA-4930-80DE-E5FF77E288F0.thumb.jpeg.852ac85bab41747f62ca8eaac784d51d.jpeg

Some inevitable yellowing but sole holding up for 40 yr old trainers. 

5ABB9587-B730-49EA-BEDA-54F07AFA31EB.thumb.jpeg.b861e7085dcfbb2a3198e3a93629e721.jpeg

And my most recent pair bought last year, from the Skateboard range. These didn’t sell well but I likes ‘em:

8D8B18E3-0EC5-4C3C-9197-16239860B39E.thumb.jpeg.6c2c57080ca7cca4e5d20ab74b88efab.jpeg

Remind me of

C1BF1E7A-B9AA-4695-8D27-993CCC3EDDDB.thumb.jpeg.517b5545479fb62e203480f09c96e4d8.jpeg

Neat little detail harking from when skaters cut their hi tops down to free up movement

4FA2E92A-541C-4414-97C3-0207CA204046.thumb.jpeg.3be7809e484c95fd32df40d7bf6ef084.jpeg

And low lettering on the heel to accommodate the cut

4B5F00EF-250F-4AB0-AFC2-F6E8D2A4A58A.thumb.jpeg.5e3ef89313cbbd8b5e69eb858b6bc651.jpeg

I've wanted a pair of Jordan's since I was a kid but ever got any , would still love some now but would never even consider paying the crazy prices the Chicago and banned colourways ( what I would want )  go for on the secondary market  

Edit : think my dream pair may be the Chicago ajko 

Edited by Flash

Yeah, the resell market is silly. I’m pretty lucky in that most of the trainers I like aren’t sought after so I get the odd steal.

Fave J1 colourway is the OG Royal blue / black, with nice yellowed midsoles. The more beaten up the better. 

'Buttery' acording to the heads ;)

Ive had shit loads of AJ's pass through my hands over the years.. you've seen most of em before, favourites would be the 1999 AJ4's. I admire J's but never wore them.

IMG_2690

..and my 1985 AJ1 blue label, warm-up jacket which i wore stacks back in the late 80's

fullsizeoutput_1e70

I kept the boys blK AJ5's for sentimental reasons and gave the white 5's to @ecsong187

fullsizeoutput_1c43

While i'm scouring the depths... 1970's era (double R) Adidas track top anyone?... Bob Marley styles

fullsizeoutput_2645

...and mid-late 80's era Run DMC style track top

fullsizeoutput_1e71

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Flash said:

The older Jordan's seemed to have a pretty nice leather , dont know much about the more recent pairs 

You can rest assured that Nike is sourcing the shittest, cheapest plasticy leather available for their new releases!

About as ‘buttery’ as the wife’s vegan spread.

Lovely jackets @Double 0 Soul The WAYWT thread is going to get an interesting shakeup when all the sportswear nostalgia starts seeping into the collective subconscious. 

Edited by unders

I had the white “23” AJ5 in 1990 and in ‘91 I had black suede AJ6, a pair of airforce high tops and an airforce tracky, (I think will smith wore one in the fresh prince).

My taste in fashion changed not long after and I had it all stored away until it all got binned around 2000,  I’m gutted now thinking back as it was all still in top nick, still had the boxes and the Air Jordan catalogue etc.. I’d have shifted it all for good money now.

Where i used to live was a much larger house than where i live now but it was only a 2 bed rather than a family home, the entire upper floor was open plan so the second (downstairs) bedroom was my clobber storage room, i had boxes of pumps piled up to the ceiling.. then our boy came along so it all had to go... i got £600 for that satin AJ1 jacket, in fact you can see his moses basket and a bib in the background of the first pic.. i was in the process of photographing it all to be sold, a dude from Orange County bought my entire Jordan collection then had a heart attack soon after (true story) I still speak to him on occasions.

My kid knocked over a glass of cherry juice onto my old macbook trashing the motherboard and i lost 80% of my photographs during the alias'ing of the HD :mad: or i could show you much more besides...

Edited by Double 0 Soul

53 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

While i'm scouring the depths... 1970's era (double R) Adidas track top anyone?... Bob Marley styles

fullsizeoutput_2645

...and mid-late 80's era Run DMC style track top

fullsizeoutput_1e71

Double yes!

33 minutes ago, goodrain said:

Doesn't make it any less ironic to me. To each his own, mate. I already prefaced it with "not everyone's cup of tea." No need to get on your high horse and shit on me over word choice. 

Ffs @goodrain stop being so defensive, nobody is on a 'high horse' here or even shitting, you're promoting fakes which is your prerogative but you've got to expect some mild piss taking.

It’s an interesting point Goodrain raises.

Of the few people that I tell about my denim nerdiness a couple have actually been honest enough to say ‘well they kind of look like market fakes of Levi’s’. Its not lost on me and something that some people may think when they see us in pre-lawsuit or even post-lawsuit (i.e. Warehouse) jawnz. I couldn’t give a flying chuff though. 

Edit: you two hug and make up! 

Edited by unders

Why does it seems so difficult to buy my daughter some jordan 1 retro. Tried Goat, stockx, grailed. Seems as soon as they are released everyone buys all of them in every size and sells them for x4 retail. I'm not looking around £300 for a pair of trainers that originally sold for £115.

I think people also buy them with "bots" which is why they sell out so quick.

In the case of your daughter I think they also make less pairs in the smaller sizes(what size does she wear?)

I would say try SNKRs app at the date/time that they release and you should be able to hopefully get a pair. Nike is actively trying to fight off bots with the SNKRs app while sites like Footlocker still fall victim to them

25 minutes ago, unders said:

It’s an interesting point Goodrain raises.

Of the few people that I tell about my denim nerdiness a couple have actually been honest enough to say ‘well they kind of look like market fakes of Levi’s’. Its not lost on me and something that some people may think when they see us in pre-lawsuit or even post-lawsuit (i.e. Warehouse) jawnz. I couldn’t give a flying chuff though. 

Edit: you two hug and make up! 

then again, every so often the reverse happens – last year in Nashville I was tagging along for my wife's conference, and a cool older female staff member at our hotel saw my FC 1101 at breakfast service and said "mm-hmm, now that's how Levi's used to make their jeans. Had me a full set, jacket and pants, nice and dark and stiff.."