The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

the vault “OG LX” releases really hit the mark for me better than the main lines. forgot how good a fresh pair feels 

4890E064-F9DF-404A-8C9F-C964CD91C6BE.jpeg.5740eeb75ca9c0a328003af573059d5f.jpeg

Edited by lophophora
image sizing

I feel like I've probably asked about this before, but does anyone have sizing advice on the Warehouse lot 3400 sneakers?
They only go up to size 11, but I wear an 11 in the Lofgren low top sneakers with some thin socks.
imgrc0074567976.jpg

16 hours ago, Broark said:

I feel like I've probably asked about this before, but does anyone have sizing advice on the Warehouse lot 3400 sneakers?
They only go up to size 11, but I wear an 11 in the Lofgren low top sneakers with some thin socks.

Corlection has those on sale at the moment (not in US11, sadly) — they state that Warehouse run "1/2 to 1 size bigger" than usual, so it wouldn't surprise me if they fit up to an actual 12

4 minutes ago, mondo said:

Corlection has those on sale at the moment (not in US11, sadly) — they state that Warehouse run "1/2 to 1 size bigger" than usual, so it wouldn't surprise me if they fit up to an actual 12

Thanks for the info, I found some similar confirmation from some other western vendors but not too much.
Might give them a go once all this blows over.

Oh, this reminds me, I bought some blk/blk 70's Goretex Chucks a few months ago, ive never had Gore Chucks before so just a word of warning, if you're between sizes take the size above (as i did) or size up half a size.

Re- the assembly of regular Hi's, the piece of canvas which makes up the tongue is completely independant of the upper, stitched through just behind the toecap.

IMG_9322

Re- the gore version, in order to make it waterproof, the pumps are lined with a full gore sock/liner which fully encases the foot up to the 3rd eyelet.

IMG_9322

..so if like me you have quite wide feet, you can't open up the aperture beyond the 3rd eyelet, no matter how much you loosen the laces making it a bit of a struggle to squeeze your foot in.

IMG_9322

#TipOfTheDay

16 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Duke, I've always liked Moonstars, do/did they ever do a hi top? Sizing for wider feet?

As a fellow Palladium wearer, how do you rate the soles? 

(I have bought a second pair of older Palladium 'paraboot soles' and the feet like them :blush:)

Moonstar does make a high top, the ones I've had my eye on are the basket hi's 

Not sure if these strike your fancy

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/shoetime/item/10060383/

10 minutes ago, olmecasteve said:

Moonstar does make a high top, the ones I've had my eye on are the basket hi's 

Not sure if these strike your fancy

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/shoetime/item/10060383/

Many thanks for the swift reply olmecasteve. The ecru (?) colour is fine and they look solid, is there any colour variation or is that the stock model (looking for a rust or a darker green in a hi top on an E fitting (l think)

19 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Many thanks for the swift reply olmecasteve. The ecru (?) colour is fine and they look solid, is there any colour variation or is that the stock model (looking for a rust or a darker green in a hi top on an E fitting (l think)

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mischief/item/10042864/

They have a few variations, but hard to come by.

Not sure about fit, haven't gotten mine in, so I can't really comment on that 

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

I usually wear EE, and I have a pair of Gym Courts that you can see on page 11. Their models that are made with canvas are a little unforgiving width wise, but stretch a little bit after a few days of wear. Their models that are made with suede fit my wide feet much better.

2 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Duke, I've always liked Moonstars, do/did they ever do a hi top? Sizing for wider feet?

As a fellow Palladium wearer, how do you rate the soles? 

(I have bought a second pair of older Palladium 'paraboot soles' and the feet like them :blush:)

They’re a little bit on the narrow side Doc but not overly so - I wear a 9.5 in the Palladium and a 28JP in those moonstar. The sole is tough but not like the Palladium - more tradition chucks stylee.

Moonstar make plenty of variants - have a look at their Webshop but there are many other outlets

Also Moonstar Gym Classic (paravul coated canvas, as stated on the inner side of the tongue)

IMG_20200425_135258.thumb.jpg.1c8021019b5314d6823f38e2ebf530f3.jpg

IMG_20200425_135351.thumb.jpg.f4cc4a1321f0d15746b76ee543488a7c.jpg

Bruised, holes on some parts of the shoes & cracked on stress point of the rubber but still going strong structurally.

Worn in rotation with the Moto for ~2 years now.

Those sustainable fashion/sneaker brands pop up like the denim Kickstarter brands in 2010...

Anyone seen or own these? Saye Brand..also started as a Kickstarter under a different name back then.

Retro design (are those Reebok inspired?!), definitely 80s style
https://www.sayebrand.com/

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'm definitely more of a boots guy, but I do have a few pairs of white sneakers (mostly high tops.)

My favorite pair is my MiJ PF Flyers. I got these a couple years ago and they were already fairly heavily used, but they still have plenty of life in them.

They have the most cushioning of all my sneakers and I love the green trim/accents.

AkiwLAH.jpg?1

81h5Xxv.jpg?1

Md9iaiC.jpg?1

zHJxaJN.jpg?1

Ejq4aLk.jpg?1

ddUuaty.jpg?1

a9GvD78.jpg?1