The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

59 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I'm convinced! :D

@Radiohead89 what is the exact model number? Besides 997 of course ( @Maynard Friedman )

M997 GY in my opinion the best new balance.  I’ve had the 991, 993,1300 and 996. Check this out.

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/cult-classic-the-history-of-new-balances-made-in-usa-997/

Edited by Radiohead89

im seeing a lot of adidas continental 80s & reebok vintage club c on the streets these days with low-key denims. wonder if yall see them too

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I have the same pair in black, they’re so good!

Yeah i have those too! “Black”...wish they were actually black and not the faded black/brown. I ended caving and getting a true black classic pair of skagways. 

F16FFB5D-B3C2-4002-B30B-6022E86168EA.jpeg

BE5D830E-8A63-4D2C-91A0-443C99EAA489.jpeg

301AD89A-8758-4380-9253-B9675BADFE36.jpeg

On 3/24/2020 at 6:13 AM, youngofthesoonest said:

Discovering visvim sneakers has been detrimental to my wallet. It’s upsetting bc i didn’t want to like them but they’re so comfortable...

haven't got skagways but i have about a dozen FBTs for sneakers and virgil/ 7hole for boots. been looking around skagways for ages. seem like i should add it to my collection..

6 hours ago, louisbosco said:

haven't got skagways but i have about a dozen FBTs for sneakers and virgil/ 7hole for boots. been looking around skagways for ages. seem like i should add it to my collection..

Ah I’m the opposite. I prob have 8-9 pairs of skagways and 3-4 pairs of kiefers. I just got a pair of folk after looking at non sneaker options from visvim for a while. I’m a big fan of the redesign of the skagways. 

18 hours ago, Suitedupmon said:

First time poster, loooooong time lurker...

Moonstar Gym Court in White Canvas

Moonstar_1

Moonstar_2

Moonstar_3

I like those. They look like a fusion of Jack Purcells, Bensimons and Spring Courts...

Has anyone ever had a thin layer of felt on the soles of their sneakers/trainers? I understand this often happens with Converse, or in my case some Pro Keds and is related to lower import duty on footwear classified as slippers.

Anyway, apart from simply wearing them (I wore another pair of Pro Keds with the felt years ago and it took ages to go), does anyone have any tips on removing it quickly?

4 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Ah I’m the opposite. I prob have 8-9 pairs of skagways and 3-4 pairs of kiefers. I just got a pair of folk after looking at non sneaker options from visvim for a while. I’m a big fan of the redesign of the skagways. 

oh wow. the keifers are hell old skool vis. i've been looking at skagways for a while but couldn't settle for a first pair. didn't want something basic. hopefully he re-runs more mud dye ICT skaways..

16 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Cheers Neal, in the event of that being unavailable, are there any more common, household agents you’d suggest as a substitute? Admittedly I’m in no rush as I’ve had them for 6 years already!

WD40 would dissolve the adhesive but make them slippy, if you're in no rush you could order some IPA from ebay, that's where i get mine, it's not expensive, i use it for cleaning the stainless  in the kitchen (hob, extractor and such) it works a charm.

btw- nice pumps Martin

Edited by Double 0 Soul

30 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

oh wow. the keifers are hell old skool vis. i've been looking at skagways for a while but couldn't settle for a first pair. didn't want something basic. hopefully he re-runs more mud dye ICT skaways..

They brought back the kiefers for one season a couple years ago! I ended up getting another pair of white kiefers in case they never come back.