The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

Im looking for suggestions... ive been getting absolutely battered by the storms on my daily cycle commute, i can put up with the hardship (i quite enjoy it) but i can't remember the last time i arrived at work even damp ne'er mind dry, i'm taking my pumps off and pouring cold water out onto the floor & ringing out my socks.. it's been grim as fuck recently.
It's taking me hours to get my (non gore) clothing dry on a single radiator before i have to do it all again in the evening...rinse/repeat.
Due to the constant heat my pumps are coming unstuck so i'm looking for a replacement, main criteria is, flat sole which rules out most trail runners, next is gore-tex which rules out most skate shoes and 3rdly i want hI's not low's so the water running down my legs runs over rather than in to.
These Converse are probably the closest thing to fit my criteria but the black is sold out everywhere and the orange would clash with my bike-ninja steeze.

Image result for BLACK CONVERSE GORE TEX 70'S
There's a gore/vans but they don't seem to hold water..or they do, whichever they're probably more fashion than function..a bit like the Conns i suppose, anyway...flat soled (no knobbly tread) gore sneakers anyone? Hi's in muted colourways if poss??

Thx Martin, that's a damn good suggestion, only probs.. i would want to wear them through summer and winter like i'm doing now just because if i want to go out anywhere while i'm at work (haircut, a bite to eat, visit some customers) i'll pull them on cos they're free from saw dust, and paint splats, if i go the SealSinz route (which would be ace in the wet) i would have to keep another pair of pumps at work for this purpose.. it's no big deal so I'll add them to the shortlist and see if owt else turns up.

Ive looked at em, most are made to accommodate cleats, the only pair ive seen which accommodate flats are the Endura but reading the reviews, the sizing is all over the place (folks can't get them on) and quality/longevity sounds wank, i don't want to be fiddling around with them at 6am.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

^They look dope, if they had a gore membrane my search would be over, i'm just looking at Chrome's 'Storm' 415 but i would choose a 'lined' man made fibre over leather...they're available in the UK too so thats a big thumbs up...Hmmm

I rode to work this morning with 2" of snow on the ground, rain, hail, sleet & high winds hitting me horizontally in the face, even by Ice Cube's standards ive got to say, it was a good day.

Thanks for the food for thought gents.

Aye, Ive seen em, again the zip kills it for me plus ive always thought AF1's feel a bit thick and clumpy on your feet.

I'm probably just going to get those^^^ gore Chucks (under no illusion that they will actually be waterproof) or those^^ Chrome's and whatever i decide just invest 30 odd quid in a pair of SealSkinz socks, so rather than the constant drying i'll just leave them to their own devices and wear them wet if need be.

Moved here from the neighbourhoods thread

Ive got a few of those^ tucked away somewhere.

Warren had 100's if not 1000's of pairs back then, he looked like a street kid but he was wealthy and privately eductated his dad established/he took over a family business which supplied gambling machines to the entertainments industry he had his fingers in other pies too, he bought trainers like we buy a loaf of bread. Robin tried to keep up with him but just ended up in debt....

... back when i was a penniless 18yr old apprentice having moved out of my folks house i could only afford to shop vintage but by being a keen eyed vintage shopper in those days i amassed a nice little collection of 70's era Nike runners.. MiJ Nylon Cortez, Waffles, Boston ect they could be had for relative peanuts if you knew what you was looking for (nowadays you can consult the internet but back then you had to know your shit) and when i say 'collection' it was less than 10 pairs, they would be museum pieces now but back in the early 90's folks didn't give a shit about MiJ/A 20yr old Nike runners, ....scoot on a few more years to the early 2000's and i had bought a dilapidated house at the end of the recession for relatively little money so come the economic recovery  i had a lot of disposable income which i chose to blow on clothes and/or going out and getting wrecked  i had a back room at home with shoe boxes piled up to the ceiling and shop rails full of clothes and jackets, most of which went unworn, during this time i used to trade a lot with shop owners and sell shit on (those Jacoform for instance) Even though i owned shit loads of gear back then, i only ever wore a handful of it, much as i do today, it was just out of controll collecting, without display or focus.

The change in 'sneaker culture' was one of the things which repulsed me the most, it made me take a long hard look at buying habits... i subsequently sold everything, which is one of the reason why nowadays i don't rotate, i just wear the same pair of jeans every single day and try and keep my shirt count below 5.

Anyway.. in these days of hype hype hype!! a 'different' pair of Nike's gets released every day, but back in those days if you missed the 1996 release of the AJ3 (for instance) you had to wait until 2001 for the repro, it was a different game back then, not like today with numerous "rare as fuck" pairs being released on teh daily... so after my life story here's a few of my unworn pumps which i used as leverage to get me other shit which i wanted, in the early 2000's i didn't even have the internet.

Artist series, Air Classic BW Stash, not find these for less than £1000, i sold them for £200

IMG_1160

Artist Series N*E*R*D Dunk, they made 1050 units, these were number 271 they're $5000 on Ebay i gave this pair to a friend for his birthday prez

IMG_1160

Late 1990's-early 2000. from top row.. AJ4, AJ4, AJ3, AJ3, AJ3, AJ2, AJ3, AJ2 all deadstock, they all went to a collector in Orange County

IMG_1311

Dunks from top.. Homer, Ghost, Shanghai, Hemp, Cali, Jedi, Takashi, Supreme, Supreme, Supreme, Unlucky, Lucky

IMG_1065

I sold those Premes for £650 each, nowadays they're £4000, Fuck! ...and to my embarassment there's more besides

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Trainers I no longer wear:

1. adidas spikeless spikes. WTF?!

14212C4A-65EC-41BB-91C7-9ECECEAA4AD8.jpeg

2. Puma H Street. This pair has hardly been worn. I bought a navy/sky/yellow pair at the same time and they ran out the winners in this particular foot race. I always loved the Jamaican flag pair but didn’t want to be accused of cultural appropriation! :D

8F8F164A-CFED-4055-B681-793F3022A589.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Sk8-hi for ever. A super old pair, and a 6 month old pair. I’ll get a color picture on digital at some point. The indigo crocking on the newer pair is nice. 

D6ED9C21-2D47-43BA-AA8A-17175B19FA5D.jpeg