The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

On 5/26/2018 at 8:12 AM, kicks79 said:

IMO Converse totally fucked the sizing of the One Star. The US size is now the same as the UK size ie a US 8 which used to be a UK 7 is now a UK 8. So what this means is that the 8 is way too small for me and the 9 is far too large.

For reference, I'm a US8 in Cons 70s.

I guess their sizing has always been off. I have three pairs that fit the same and yet are different tag sizes altogether. I noticed better consistency in the 'made in Vietnam' ones compared to the 'made in china'.

High Quality / Premium Sneakers: I am currently looking for premium sneakers. I may not buy immediately but I do want to try something nice. Is it fair to say brands like 'Common Projects', 'Greats' or 'Koio' aren't much discussed here?

Edited by i_denim

@i_denimI’ve got sneakers by Buttero, Vans Vault (Vans premium brand), Common projects and Diemme and the quality of my Buttero and Diemmes far exceeds the others mentioned. Both also have good arch support if that’s something you look for.

51 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@volvo240thebest Most pairs I bought from the UK. Cheaper than Germany, often deals can be found and sometimes coupons. So usual I pay less than the retail price for standard Chucks and that's great :D

Same, Endclothing.co.uk is my main source for 70s these days

23 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Only needed (wanted) low top 70s but I never can resist discounted 70s so got those "tangelo" canvas 70s too ^^

sXjgQGSh.jpg

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but how did you size those? I quite like those pastel orange ones! 

Just ordered these. I have always been a Vans/Chucks kinda person but I guess this is a sign of mid life superpowers (crisis?).I just searched for Retro sneakers and these New Balance showed up. I like the color scheme though the blues are a little too loud.

11477651007232-New-Balance-Men-Grey-Solid-Regular-Sneakers-7941477651006960-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

My pair of low top red clouds started to disintegrate after about six months, the rubber is flaking off and coming unglued. I have some hi tops that have held up much better but they seem nowhere near as good the Moonstar-made stuff I've owned. 

Edited by newpatterns

13 hours ago, newpatterns said:

My pair of low top red clouds started to disintegrate after about six months, the rubber is flaking off and coming unglued. I have some hi tops that have held up much better but they seem nowhere near as good the Moonstar-made stuff I've owned. 

Mine faired a little better, although, I made sure to super glue any openings between the mudguard and the canvass. As well as replaced the heel after some heavy abuse and heel drags. The newer model RedClouds no longer had this freebie of an extra heel included, unfortunately.

Perhaps you are right that Moonstar made stuff are for sure a cut above. Prices on the other hand is a litte steep as well.

1 hour ago, sociallyincorrect said:

Mine faired a little better, although, I made sure to super glue any openings between the mudguard and the canvass. As well as replaced the heel after some heavy abuse and heel drags. The newer model RedClouds no longer had this freebie of an extra heel included, unfortunately.

Perhaps you are right that Moonstar made stuff are for sure a cut above. Prices on the other hand is a litte steep as well.

So your's were better apart from reinforcing with super glue and replacing the heel.......:ph34r:

Just playing, no offence.

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

So your's were better apart from reinforcing with super glue and replacing the heel.......:ph34r:

Just playing, no offence.

None taken, but interesting to hear feedback from other users. :) 

I'm definitely planning to acquire a Moonstar in the near future given the good feedbacks I'm hearing from the brand.

Moonstar stuff is really well made. Unfortunately, as with most things made in Japan, it attracts a higher price point. 

I had a pair of cons 70s which lasted three months before the canvas toe box split from the rubber. My pair of Doeks made at Moonstar lasted a year of almost daily wear, before I wore through the sole. 

• 2 weeks later...